1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

The New AEON 2: It's The End Of MrSpeakers

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by jude, Nov 1, 2019.
First

Back
24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33
35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44
Next

Last
  1. MaxD
    Is anyone else looking at aftermarket balanced cables ? I wanted to upgrade but the DCA cables where just too much in the UK so I went in search of a new cable guy, I found one in Cosmic Cables and my new Aeon 2 C now sound better than ever. Its like they woke up (More detail), It is my partially my amp winch has more go on the balanced output and (despite the big argument) the silver cable improves the sound to my ears on all my sources.
    I did some impressions here if anyone is interested:
    https://www.head-fi.org/threads/cosmic-cables-impressions-and-discussion-thread.919770/

DougD likes this.
  2. Soundizer
    What if you are in the UK?

3. Benno1988
    Dan sent me pads for free in Aus when I had a problem with Aeon 1...

Last edited: Nov 28, 2019
  4. Soundizer
    It is difficult to find a planar headphone that doesn’t compromise on sub base or weight ergonomics.
    When it comes to HIFI Speakers you can add sub woofer, so headphones over £750 better have sub base without too much distortion.

HIFI-MAN ;
    - light weight. Acceptable.
    - low end base is a joke.

AUDEZE;
    - weight of LCD’s are a joke. Unacceptable. Try listening for 4 hours.
    - excellent low end base.

AEON;
    - weight is acceptable. Excellent.
    - low end Base based on comparison on this thread to Z1R is not as good. ??

Last edited: Nov 28, 2019
  5. MaxD
    Dan is one of the reason's I spent my hard earned cash on the Aeon 2 and mad Dogs before them. He is always willing to answer questions and help.
    Im in the UK too and that is a big plus if you ask me. I had parts delivered from Dan's place in San Diego and it only took 4 days !

I also own''d a few Sony things and the support is no where neer as personable or quick.

I am not on my own in thinking that if a vendor puts that sort of work into the community they deserve our business.

Soundizer, trellus and Maelob like this.
  6. MacedonianHero Contributor
    My review Aeon 2 Open just arrived....right off the bat...SUPER comfortable! Can't really listen much this afternoon, but they will get the attention they deserve tonight. :wink:

trellus, Chris Kaoss and MattTCG like this.
  7. MattTCG
    Give them a little break in time with music playing at medium loud. The pleats in the v planar drivers need a little flex time before sounding their best.

8. MacedonianHero Contributor
    Doing that now with my iPhone while I'm working. I will be sure to get 100 or hours or so on them first before any critical assessments. Build quality is also outstanding!

9. x RELIC x Contributor
    Rob's impressions certainly make me want to try these:

Licht likes this.
  10. Sound Trooper
    IMHO.. best travel headphones..

855693D9-C290-4880-8FFD-265F6970D014.jpeg

EricDH and trellus like this.
  11. dsrk
    Are you guys hyping this?
    I am looking for a closed back headphones with better bass response than HD6XX and are not harsh at the top end. I have been following this thread closely and really hope the search is over now.

12. Benno1988
    It's hard to tell isn't it.

I'll say this:

I have the HD6XX currently (because, cheap) and had the Aeon 1 Closed for a year. In every way, shape and form, the Aeon was better, to me. If the A2C can be similar, with a tad more bass and detail, I'm sold too.

dsrk and Chris Kaoss like this.
  13. jason.voegele
    I posted my thoughts in another thread. I think you’d really like these headphones.

chaz_flhr and dsrk like this.
  14. jarnopp
    Agreed. These are the real deal, and if they were my only headphones, I could live with them, due to their detail, really engaging sound signature, and portability/isolation.

15. FullBright1
    Every review is describing these as bass enhanced headphones. So, i think you are in luck.

dsrk likes this.
First

Back
24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33
35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44
Next

Last