1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

The New AEON 2: It's The End Of MrSpeakers

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by jude, Nov 1, 2019.
First

Back
20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29
31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40
Next

Last
  1. flarex3
    What is your travel source device ?

I am really interested in buying an A2C but my only worry is the amplification. I search a lot but I couldn't find ideal portable solutions to drive Aeon on the go.

I don't want Mojo due to its dark s.signature and many problems such as overheating, incompatibilities with Android phones

There are many audio players but they are either lack the power to drive Aeon/ have software issues / very heavy and bulky / overly expensive.

I am open for suggestions.

2. Sound Trooper
    I’m driving the A2C with my iBasso DX220 + Amp8.

3. jarnopp
    I am using Mojo right now and I find it an awesome pairing, and not dark at all. I haven’t had your problems but get where you are coming from if you are thinking Mojo/Poly (but again, I have been using with a 4 out of 5 star experience). That being said, I haven’t found the A2C to be hard to drive at all. I would only be careful to get something with a very low (< 1 ohm) output impedance because of the A2C’s 13 ohms impedance.

havagr8da likes this.
  4. Giraku
    For portable use, I use AK SP2kCu. But to get its full potential, you need to use a desktop amplifier (I use ifi Pro iDSD and Focal Arche). Volume is loud enough with SP2kCu, but the sound is just a tad anemic especially in bass compared to driving with a desktop amplifier. My take on the drivability of A2C is moderately hard, which means you get enough loudness with a DAP but need to use a desktop amp to enjoy the full potential. Good thing is that A2C scales fairly well so that sound quality/signature does not change drastically depending on the source. It just changes from slightly lean to full bodied with the source power (not voltage but current).

5. BobMonkhouse
    I think we're overthinking it when discussing the adequacy of portable source power to drive AEONs. I`m listening to my AFO1 right now and just switched from my desktop setup to my LG G8->Apogee Groove(also Centrance DAC Slim). I don't hear any lack of dynamics. The phone is at 80% volume and I can't push the Groove more than 50 to 60%. Even the weaker Slim on high gain sounds totally satisfying to my ears. I'm expecting a Centrance DAC HD to arrive and I'm sure it's going to be a beast in regards to power.

The Groove and the Centrance DAC don't have batteries, so they drain source's battery faster. I also plugged my Cayin C5 which has a battery, and it also had more than enough headroom for the AEON.

Actually, I may prefer the AEON's sound hooked up to my few portable options. I didn't feel I wanted to EQ it.

6. mrspeakers Contributor
    Sorry about that. If you had contacted our UK distributor or our support we would have taken care of this for you. That is why we offer a warranty! Not sure why you didn’t but we would have replaced this for you at no charge. I will refund the cable price less shipping to you if you post the bad cable to our distributor, just email us at info@danclarkaudio.com and provide any order info and a summary, let them know I asked you to.

EU charges 22-27% VAT so price is higher due to included taxes, currency and shipping. We try to set the price equal to what it would be if you imported directly. If you do the math this is very close to the target price. Equivalent price is the only way we can keep pricing fair worldwide and minimize gray market problems. USD $899 = 820 Euros + 164 VAT + shipping = ~1000 Euros. Alas we can’t do anything about death and taxes.

IBasso DX220 with Amp 8 is superb, you just need a 4.4mm cable from us or a 3rd party. I use this every day and love it.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2019
    Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
    Maelob likes this.
  7. Rhadamanthys
    I see, thanks for your reply.

On another note, anyone know where to snag a standalone VIVO 4.4 cable in Europe? If not, I might have to go with a third party vendor. Or I'll just order the A2C from the US. A2C incl. VIVO cable + import tax should be roughly the same as paying 999 € for the A2C and then buying a 300 $ cable separately.

8. MaxD
    No, I did not think to do that. Guess I did not want to bug him. Im ditching the cable anyway as I need a balanced.
    I guess I was just sharing my experience not trying to get anything. But that is amazing that he sent you new pads.

9. tcellguy
    @mrspeakers

I'm really enjoying the sound of my Aeon Flow closed 2. However, I'm having two issues that may be related.

(1) The cups don't rotate freely on the hinges like the generation 1 version. I have tried ranging them to see if they loosen up, but they are still very stiff. My series 1 Aeon open and closed have cups that rotate very smoothly on the hinges with little effort.
    (2) I'm getting very strong clamping force on my jaw that limits me wearing these to about an hour. Repositioning doesn't help. I have never had a problem with clamping force of any headphone before including the Aeon 1 open/closed and ETHER Cx.

Is there any way to ameliorate this?

Thanks

10. MaxD
    Yes, good idea, I am doing that and making up my own. I did not like the custom cans one. it has a flat plat.

But I am getting Ian over at Cosmic Cables to make me one. I started a thread on it:

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/cosmic-cables-impressions-and-discussion-thread.919770/

11. MaxD
    Hey Dan, Sorry, I guess I was just sharing my experience. Did not want to come over as a complaint. I did not evan think of contacting the distributer or Dan Clark Audio as I was not going to use the cable anyway as I wanted a balanced cable. To be honest I mentally assigned it to the bin and did not think it worth the hassle to get it replaced as I was not going to use it anyway. Sorry if I cam across as if I was moaning. The headphones are absolutely brilliant. Especial now they are burned in.

Again apologies if I seemed to be an ass. It was not intended.

mrspeakers likes this.
  12. mrspeakers Contributor
    Every fit is a bit different so as a guess try this. Rotate the headphone slightly forward to move the strap on the top of your head forward a bit, this helps to position the lower tip of the cup behind the jawline. Also loosen the head strap so very little weight is on top of your head.

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

13. mrspeakers Contributor
    No offense was taken, problems happen, we just want to ensure they get handled.

14. MaxD
    Cool, I am total confident if I had an issue and reported to you as an issue, you guys would resolve it.
    Glad that is cleared up :)

15. Amberlamps
    Are the Aeon 2 ear pads the exact same as the Aeon's ?

If they are different, will the Aeon 2 pads fit onto a pair of Aeons ?

First

Back
20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29
31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40
Next

Last