1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

The New AEON 2: It's The End Of MrSpeakers

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by jude, Nov 1, 2019.
First

Back
6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26
Next

Last
  1. mrspeakers Contributor
    Yes and yes, efficiency is comparable.

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
    abotero likes this.
  2. MacMan31
    Thanks for the link. I noticed that these headphones come by default with the "DUMMER" cable but on the accessories page there is also the DUM cable along with the VIVO cable. However the DUM cable doesn't seem to have 4 pin XLR as an option even though that connector is in the photo of the cable. Also the DUM cable is not a selectable option when purchasing these headphones.

3. human bass
    How is the bass on the Aeon 2 closed? Im really tempted but many complainer about weak bass on the original Aeon

4. roskodan
    The 10dB as a doubling of volume, is for perceived increase, to have the psychoacoustic perception of twice as loud, and does not give any measure of how well or bad headphones are being amped.

In terms of actual sensitivity an increase of 10dB/mW means the headphone is 10x more efficient. dB is a logarithmic unit. So yeah, a 10dB difference in sensitivity is a huge difference in terms of how easy or hard to drive a headphone is.

[​IMG]

www.animations.physics.unsw.edu.au/jw/dB.htm

www.sengpielaudio.com/calculator-efficiency.htm

Last edited: Nov 6, 2019
  5. flarex3
    Thanks
    Is FiiO M11 PRO okay? The output power of the device somehow gets lower from 32 to 16 ohms (it should be going even lower towards 13 ohms ) but the power value is above the 200 mW thereshould you told.

qsd.png

6. EricDH
    I find 100 hours very reasonable.

7. Soundizer

Thank you for your detailed guide and it gives me confidence that my Chord Mojo / Audioquest Cobalt will be a good match.
    Nice to see these headphones are with a few retailers now in the UK.

trellus likes this.
  8. buonassi

Need more posts like this. Thank you @roskodan

bcowen likes this.
  9. mrspeakers Contributor
    Definitely more.

Correct, this has a bit less power but because the power level is so high it’s ok. I liked the sound of this player though to my ear I prefer the iBasso.

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
  10. ntbm3
    Dan, thanks for putting out what looks like a great product! And answering all of our questions...

AFC1 have been my work headphone for over a year now, I have really enjoyed them!! the AFC2 seem to move even more toward my sonic preferences... which makes me interested.

Couple questions:
    - Do you have a frequency response graph of AFC1 vs AFC2 you can post? Since I am so familiar with AFC1 this would help me get a feel of AFC2's style.
    - In my ideal world the AFC would have a higher impedance to match better with all tube amps which I have moved too. Curious why your headphones are on the low side for impedance? Is it fundamental hardware limitation or balance of efficiency and output considerations so it is not impossible to drive?

Thanks!

11. bcowen
    Yes, thank you @roskodan . Using the bottom link you provided gives me this for the Aeon 2 / Schiit Lyr 3 combo. I was generous with the distance between ear and driver and gave it 1/2" (.013 meters) although the actual distance is probably less than that:

upload_2019-11-6_11-33-16.png

I'm thinking 142 dB should be enough, except maybe for Marilyn Manson. :smile:

12. flarex3
    All questions are about the closed Aeons
    1) Isolation/leake comparision of both Aeons
    2) Can you share the side-by-side FR graph of both closed Aeons?
    3) Which Aeon sounds better with poorly recorded/mastered music?
    4) What is the required voltage and current to drive Aeon 2C perfectly (Power is the product of current and voltage but AFAIK enough power is not necessarily sufficent, both the current and the voltage must be seperately sufficent). If you share this we can look at any source device's data sheet and check that if it OK or not.

Big thanks!

13. roskodan
    Well I linked that to point out the difference between sensitivity and efficiency. What you entered are dB/Watt/meter, who knows how headphone manufacturers get their dB/milliWatt. That's a whole different can of worms we don't wanna be opening in here, lol.

trellus and bcowen like this.
  14. bcowen
    Agreed. I hate worms. :relaxed:

roskodan likes this.
  15. erpguru
    Ordered a pair of the closed back...I love the planar sound (home rig is a lCD-4) and was looking for a nice closed back for travel and being about. I have a pair of Campfire Audio Cascade, and although a nice can, the bass is a bit bloomy..nothing quite like that tight planar bass (to me ), so looking forward to what these will sound like, will be pairing it with a Hiby R5 for travel..

trellus and Wes S like this.
First

Back
6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26
Next

Last