The most fun, exciting IEM's
Dec 12, 2012 at 12:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Bonobo

Head-Fier
If you had to name your most fun, exciting IEM's for non-critical listening, what would it be? Price plays no role here.

I can give no top three myself, but going from Creative EP630 to Klipsch S4 to Panasonic HJE900, I can't wait till Santa brings my Yamaha EPH-100!
Although I don't understand them 100%, judging from the graphs at Goldenears.net it will be quite something different. Hopefully I'll like them!

Jan 28, 2013 at 8:43 AM Post #3 of 11
XKDUN CK-700s. Why? Fit well, dont need EQ for the critical ear and are cheap ($4). Yes I have some better earphones, but they actually need some EQ to really sound a lot better than the CK-700s: out of the box they are the best, really.

Jan 28, 2013 at 10:41 AM Post #5 of 11
I don't have a top 3, but the IE80 is a very exciting IEM to my ears. 

Something about the smooth treble, incredible bass and wide soundstage make them a joy to listen to. If you listen to EDM with them, it can be quite trippy, as everything becomes quite holographic and samples in drum and bass tracks come from all around you.

I also heard the IE800 yesterday, and that was incredibly fun to listen to, although well out of my price range. It could do for critical listening if the bass could be tamed, as the detail and resolution on them was really something. The IE800's combination of sound is super fun, it seems tailor-made for electronic as well as slower live recordings.

Jan 28, 2013 at 11:59 AM Post #7 of 11
The GR07 are pretty good fun sounding yet detailed IEMs.

Jan 28, 2013 at 12:20 PM Post #8 of 11
For me, it's the Sennheiser IE8. They have a very coherent sound, where the music is reproduced as one body. All the details are there, but woven into the music. I have had some IEMs that might be arguably better for critical listening, but when it comes to getting lost in the music. The IE8s are very good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back