The most comfy iems you guys can recommend!!!
May 19, 2017 at 3:50 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

GiftedRay

New Head-Fier
So im looking into getting some new iem's around 200 bucks or less.

Priority is comfort( I could be wearing these for more the 6 hours at a time) then sound. Right now it's kind of a toss up between the Shure se215's and the RHA T10i's but any other recommendations are welcome!

Also maybe some recommendations on better after market ear tips.

Thank guys!!

May 19, 2017 at 5:31 AM Post #4 of 13
The Shure's are very comfortable, I would go for the SE425 instead of the SE215 if you can afford it. Comply tips would be my recommendation for comfy tips too.

+1, Shure's IEM are very comfortable. If you can't spring for the SE425, the only Shure model's in your price range is the SE215, SE215 LTD and the SE315. Tonally, I like the SE 315 more but I don't particularly think they are that good for the price. If you like a somewhat mid centric IEM, go with the SE315 but if you like a bassier sound go for either the SE215 or the SE215 LTD. For tips, if you don't like foam you can also spring for a pair of SpinFits.

May 19, 2017 at 6:21 AM Post #5 of 13
Ok thanks guys. Have you tried both the Shure's and RHA's? I'm just wondering because I have seen a few posts claiming that the RHA's are the comfiest iem's they have ever had some saying better then the Shure's. I guess I'm asking are you saying the Shure's are better because of the sound quality or their comfort level.

May 19, 2017 at 6:23 AM Post #6 of 13
Ok thanks guys. Have you tried both the Shure's and RHA's? I'm just wondering because I have seen a few posts claiming that the RHA's are the comfiest iem's they have ever had some saying better then the Shure's. I guess I'm asking are you saying the Shure's are better because of the sound quality or their comfort level.

I have tried both. Shure is more comfortable in my opinion but I think the RHA sound better. Though it also depends on what sound signature you prefer since the RHA and Shure sound signature are completely different.

May 19, 2017 at 7:00 AM Post #7 of 13
Probably a slightly bass heavy sound signature. Although I don't want it too really bleed into the mids that much and I want crisp but not harsh highs. Hahaha I'm probably asking for to much out of this price point.

May 20, 2017 at 11:16 PM Post #9 of 13
So im looking into getting some new iem's around 200 bucks or less.

Priority is comfort( I could be wearing these for more the 6 hours at a time) then sound. Right now it's kind of a toss up between the Shure se215's and the RHA T10i's but any other recommendations are welcome!

Also maybe some recommendations on better after market ear tips.

Thank guys!!

I find the Aurisonics kind of shells - the ones that look like CIEMs on the outer side but have a bore and eartip on the inner side - to be very comfortable as they spread the weight around the outer ear instead of all the weight and friction just on the eartip. In your price range look into the KZ ZS3 or the TFZ IEMs.

That said, some people can't fit such shells in their outer ear (save for when these people order CIEMs custom fit to their own ears), so that's one thing to look out for.

May 24, 2017 at 6:33 AM Post #10 of 13
Probably a slightly bass heavy sound signature. Although I don't want it too really bleed into the mids that much and I want crisp but not harsh highs. Hahaha I'm probably asking for to much out of this price point.
If that's the case then I am not sure about getting either the Shures or RHA. As Dulala stated, they both have a very different sound signature with the Shures having a mid centric sound while the RHA have a bassy, v-shaped signature. It seems from your description, you would want something in between the Shure and RHA's.

Last edited:
May 24, 2017 at 8:00 AM Post #12 of 13
I would add the 1More Triple Driver plus Comply tips. Very comfy!

they are pretty comfy physically but I find the sound pretty tiring on the short term, my ears hurt quite fast on what I consider medium volume. The weston PRO series should be a good contender in the comfortable contest, as they are made for professionals? Or anything with balanced armatures, like the Heaven series?

May 24, 2017 at 5:27 PM Post #13 of 13
The Heaven and Westone PRO are both supposed to be quite good, but I haven't heard them. I have heard the Campfire Orion, which I highly recommend. Very comfortable and outstanding SQ. You might check it out and see what you think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back