The most comfortable Headphones you have used?
Apr 11, 2015 at 11:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 26

WildStyle-R11

500+ Head-Fier
What would be your most comfortable headphones you have used?

I have used my AKG Q701's for the past couple of years...On some free days having them on nearly all the time for 12 hours. Listen to some music, play some games, watch some movies EVERY single thing, I have them on. Now 12 hours is a lot so at that point top of my head is a bit irritated from the headband, which really surprises me seeing how minimaly padded they are. and well at that time after full day off use my ears just want to get out of the cups there is such a thing as too much. :D But overall I would give them 9/10 comfort wise could use some padding on the headband and it can always be better cup wise.

Also reason for posting is seeing what headphones are comfortable and possibly think about upgrading, as good as Q701's are they are some what lacking in certain things sound wise. *Cough* bass * Cough*

Apr 11, 2015 at 11:57 AM Post #2 of 26
My Q701s and K712s are extremely comfortable as are my Philips X2s. I expect my incoming HD800s to be even better.

Apr 11, 2015 at 11:57 AM Post #3 of 26
Senn HD600s  Ware for several hours a day. Between sound and comfort hard to beat. Sitting up or laying down like waring nothing at all.

Apr 11, 2015 at 12:03 PM Post #4 of 26
Beyerdynamic DT990s don't hardly weigh a thing, and damn those pads are nice. Grados weigh less than a thing, but since I wear glasses, the on-ear style doesn't jive with my head.

Apr 11, 2015 at 2:24 PM Post #6 of 26
Sony MA900, Bose AE2/soundtrue, Audio Technica AD700 for me.

Apr 13, 2015 at 10:13 PM Post #10 of 26
  The Denon AH-D5000 were the most comfortable I've owned, but I think the Stax SR-007 was the most comfortable I've ever tried. 

SR-007 was decent for me but its complete lack of swivel in the cups prevented it from being really comfy for me when I had it. It improved with bending the headband and rotating the earcups and such, but still never to that ultimate comfy level for me. The front of the pads could have used more padding too I feel with those circular steel frames in there. Thankfully, the 009 took care of all those problems and I find them excellent in comfort overall, except for their relatively heavy weight.

Apr 13, 2015 at 10:18 PM Post #11 of 26

SR-007 was decent for me but its complete lack of swivel in the cups prevented it from being really comfy for me when I had it. It improved with bending the headband and rotating the earcups and such, but still never to that ultimate comfy level for me. The front of the pads could have used more padding too I feel with those circular steel frames in there. Thankfully, the 009 took care of all those problems and I find them excellent in comfort overall, except for their relatively heavy weight.

I haven't yet had the pleasure to try the SR-009. How heavy is relatively heavy? I'd imagine that due to being electrostatic, they'd still be relatively light, considering. 

Apr 13, 2015 at 10:40 PM Post #12 of 26

I haven't yet had the pleasure to try the SR-009. How heavy is relatively heavy? I'd imagine that due to being electrostatic, they'd still be relatively light, considering. 

Weight: 596g, (454g without cable).

The headband mechanism and the comfy pads actually do very well to offset most of the weight, thus I find it very comfortable. But it's certainly not a featherweight, I'm assuming it's mostly the from the frame.

Apr 13, 2015 at 10:52 PM Post #13 of 26
GRADO.. SO CUSHIONY.. FEELS LIKE YOUR NOT WEARING ANYTHING AT ALL..

Disclaimer: After using for extended hours. The owner's ears are now completely numb due to ichy rock like foam and hard plastic sandwitching his head like a knuckle sandwitch.

Apr 13, 2015 at 11:17 PM Post #15 of 26
HD700 without a doubt is the most comfortable headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back