The Moody Blues
Mar 8, 2015 at 2:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

tfotos77

New Head-Fier
So I have been listening to HQ Moody Blues songs from youtube and I must say....holy cow! What a great band. I am only using my Senn 598's plugged into my computer..no amplification. What a great sound. They kind of remind me of an upbeat Pink Floyd. Great sound mixing too. Why has no one told me about them?!?! Looks like I know what the next few album purchases will be 
L3000.gif

Mar 8, 2015 at 2:55 PM Post #2 of 14
  So I have been listening to HQ Moody Blues songs from youtube and I must say....holy cow! What a great band. I am only using my Senn 598's plugged into my computer..no amplification. What a great sound. They kind of remind me of an upbeat Pink Floyd. Great sound mixing too. Why has no one told me about them?!?! Looks like I know what the next few album purchases will be 
L3000.gif

Moody Blues fans will recognize the statement in my signature. I've been a fan since the 60s.

Mar 11, 2015 at 9:09 PM Post #8 of 14
Best of doesn't make much sense on moody blues or any band that produces conceptual albums. Moody Blues best albums are conceptual and as such should be listened with full attention from the beginning to the end.

:: sent by tapatalk app @nexus7 ::

To each his own. I didn't ask for your opinion or anyone else's here.

Mar 11, 2015 at 9:19 PM Post #9 of 14
Best of doesn't make much sense on moody blues or any band that produces conceptual albums. Moody Blues best albums are conceptual and as such should be listened with full attention from the beginning to the end.

:: sent by tapatalk app @nexus7 ::

To each his own. I didn't ask for your opinion or anyone else's here.

Yeah you didn't ask but this is a forum. What did you want when you post the album cover?

:: sent by tapatalk app @oneplusone ::

Mar 11, 2015 at 9:30 PM Post #11 of 14
Yeah I didn't break any rule..
I didn't tell anyone how to listen, I just said that a best of from moody blues doesn't show what the moody blues are truly known for, that is conceptual albums that were made to be listened from start to finish..
It's not me who's telling how moody blues should be listened like, it's them.. Just read or listen to any interviews from them at that time and they tell you you should listen to albums as a all.

And chill out. I just gave an advice and a opinion. This is a forum not a place were you dump your opinions without expecting anybody else to opinion on them.
Did the original poster asked for your opinion? Nop.. Yet you have yours..
See the discrepancy?
You need o chill..

Mar 11, 2015 at 9:36 PM Post #12 of 14
Yeah I didn't break any rule..
I didn't tell anyone how to listen, I just said that a best of from moody blues doesn't show what the moody blues are truly known for, that is conceptual albums that were made to be listened from start to finish..
It's not me who's telling how moody blues should be listened like, it's them.. Just read or listen to any interviews from them at that time and they tell you you should listen to albums as a all.

And chill out. I just gave an advice and a opinion. This is a forum not a place were you dump your opinions without expecting anybody else to opinion on them.
Did the original poster asked for your opinion? Nop.. Yet you have yours..
See the discrepancy?
You need o chill..

Well you should have told Moody Blues not to release a best album. Telling anonymous people how to listen is like telling them how to eat a burger the way you do.

Mar 11, 2015 at 9:36 PM Post #13 of 14

Users who are viewing this thread

Back