The Monoprice MP9927 PG 208.. MP8320 (MEP-933)..The $7.11 club..
Feb 1, 2014 at 7:42 PM Post #4,036 of 4,317
I am curious about this gel mod...tell me more. Btw the cyanosis late doping of
the drivers doesn't really alter the bass...tightens it up a bit. Rather in stiffening the driver it improves detail, upper frequency extention and lowers resonnance. It is my reference better than tweaked re 400, which is slightly
preferable to stock re 600. Fwiw!

Happy Listening!
damn phone! Cyanoacrylate!

Feb 2, 2014 at 6:20 PM Post #4,038 of 4,317
I'm interested to know how these hold up while running. What is the intended way to place them in your ears? The two things that people seem to have problems w/ is the stock tips and the fit. Any possible way to avoid these issues? Thanks.

Feb 3, 2014 at 5:56 PM Post #4,041 of 4,317
Just got my MP9927 a few days ago. Quick question, though.

What are some aftermarket tips I can get to replace on these? I can't fit the stock tips into my ear deep enough to really enjoy them.

Feb 3, 2014 at 6:03 PM Post #4,042 of 4,317
  Just got my MP9927 a few days ago.

frown.gif

Forgive me for being so cynical, but I seriously really need to make a PSA about the white 9963's or something.  It's been 5 months since I posted my "sort-of-review" and I'm still the only one in this thread that has them. (disclaimer: I own the black 9927 IEMs as well)

Quote:
  What are some aftermarket tips I can get to replace on these? I can't fit the stock tips into my ear deep enough to really enjoy them.

I personally use these:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/151168006538

Specifically I currently use a single-flange medium tip in the left ear and a double-flange medium tip in the right ear; a month ago I used double-flange medium tips in both ears.

Also, regarding not being able to fit the IEMs deep enough, you may want to consider using a file to shave down 4 of the 6 total pairs of "fins" on both the left and right speaker-housings (I've done this with all 3 monoprice IEMs I own).

Feb 3, 2014 at 6:57 PM Post #4,045 of 4,317
  Just got my MP9927 a few days ago. Quick question, though.

They are pricy, but they are supposedly good. Both for comfort and isolation. http://goo.gl/8yI1NK

Feb 3, 2014 at 7:48 PM Post #4,046 of 4,317
  You're referring to shaving the inside, right? I'll try that first, then see about getting those tips. Thanks for the info!

The... inside?  Uh, I would call it the side edge since what I would call the "inside" is completely smooth save for where you actually put the tip on...

EDIT: Here's an image someone posted of shaved fins on the silver monoprice IEMs:

And as a clarification example, what is being shaved are the IEM equivalents of the fins on Samus's shoulders:

Feb 3, 2014 at 8:35 PM Post #4,048 of 4,317

Also, regarding not being able to fit the IEMs deep enough, you may want to consider using a file to shave down 4 of the 6 total pairs of "fins" on both the left and right speaker-housings (I've done this with all 3 monoprice IEMs I own).

How would that effect how deep they go in someone's ears?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back