The MMA thread (Affliction, UFC, DREAM, Strikeforce, etc.)
Aug 5, 2015 at 10:55 AM Post #871 of 1,080
Has Ronda ever been seriously rocked by a solid strike? She is so quick and aggressive that it seems like her opponents are always back-peddling and just trying to fend her off. I think I have seen her take some vicious knees when she's in close, and that doesn't seem to slow her down. I'm just curious what would happen if someone's strike really made a solid connection. Has that happened in any of her fights?

Aug 5, 2015 at 12:07 PM Post #872 of 1,080
She got rocked a few times in her last fight with Meisha..and Meishas not an elite striker..I think it was around Rd 3..she got hurt a bit..you can see it she does not like to get hit

Aug 5, 2015 at 6:15 PM Post #873 of 1,080
She reminds me of Anderson Silva when he couldn't find a challenger that was worthy. He eventually met his match and she will too. It's just that women fighters haven't been at it as long as the men, so there's a small pool to pick from. I'm guessing in 5-7 years there will start to be more talent there because women will have had time to train from a younger age. 

Aug 7, 2015 at 10:57 AM Post #876 of 1,080
When they try to dress her/him up in girly clothes, it just makes it worse. Why do people do that to themselves? No amount of money or fame is worth filling your body with so many chemicals that you begin to change genders.

The transformation is really disturbing. It doesn't even look like the same person.

Aug 9, 2015 at 9:43 PM Post #877 of 1,080
Depends on the pic

Aug 10, 2015 at 4:49 PM Post #879 of 1,080

Aug 10, 2015 at 4:50 PM Post #880 of 1,080

Aug 14, 2015 at 12:20 AM Post #882 of 1,080

I'm wondering how much this recent IV ban will impact the way a fighter makes his weight cut and is able to recover from it.  My guess from my own personal experience is they'll have to stay closer to their actual fighting weight longer during the year...or suffer the hit to their endurance.  

Interesting question imo, was this ban in place for the last McGregor bout, because that dude cut 45 pounds in what a week?

Aug 14, 2015 at 3:57 AM Post #883 of 1,080
IV ban doesn't start til October..he cut 27 lbs in a little over a week..those dramatic weight cuts won't happen as much

Aug 14, 2015 at 2:40 PM Post #884 of 1,080
Okay whoops I got the numbers mixed up; the fight was at 145, not 127 lol.
So the ban will be in place for UFC 194, along with Nevada drug testing we might actually get a fair fight
popcorn.gif

I hope it actually goes off, we'll see who blinks first on this one.

Aug 14, 2015 at 4:36 PM Post #885 of 1,080
Just read this,

UFC middleweight fighter Anderson Silva has been suspended one year by the Nevada Athletic Commission after testing positive for steroids following his unanimous decision victory over Nick Diaz at UFC 183.

Silva, 40, made his return to the octagon on Jan. 31 more than a year after his last fight against current middleweight champion Chris Weidman, in which he broke his leg. His win has also been overturned and he's been fined $380,000.

http://touch.latimes.com/#section/-1/article/p2p-84208437/

Quote:
Following the Nevada Athletic Commission’s hearing today, Anderson Silva is required to serve a 12-month suspension from competition, retroactive from his last fight on January 31. At the conclusion of his suspension, Silva must present a clean test upon reapplication of a license before his next fight in Nevada. The UFC organization maintains a strict, consistent policy against the use of any illegal and/or performance enhancing drugs, stimulants or masking agents by its athletes, and fully supports the Commission’s ongoing efforts to ensure clean competition by all MMA athletes.  

http://www.ufc.com/news/UFC-Statement-on-Anderson-Silva-081315

Users who are viewing this thread

Back