The Mini³ v2 is out!
Jun 1, 2007 at 5:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 50

balou

500+ Head-Fier
I'm quite excited about this new amp. Seems like amb and Morsel have been able to overcome the stability issues with the AD8397.

Features:
-AD8397 for left and right - no need for separate buffers
-now features a standard tle2426 as rail splitter instead of one half of a ad8397
-separate ground channel opamp
-ultra-sexy Hammond 1455C801 case (80x54x23mm, tiny!(
-single 9v battery
-integrated charger

Well, for full reference, go here: link

Can't wait 'til boards are for sale
icon10.gif

edit: size is more or less that of the rsa hornet

Jun 3, 2007 at 11:40 PM Post #5 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does anyone know if a complete and finished amp will be offered up for sale? Something that all I have to do is insert a battery and plug the source and my cans too.
biggrin.gif

I am sure that MisterX and other diy'ers will purchase the boards.

Jun 4, 2007 at 1:25 AM Post #6 of 50
This looks very nice. I'm glad it's reduced down to credit card size. Reading the linked post has me wanting one now.

Can't find the case this was designed for. It was listed as Hammond 1455C80x. Hammond doesn't have that, or a 1455C80.

(Edit again) Seems that I have found it. Here is a link for those looking for the case. At least I think this is it.

Jun 4, 2007 at 5:55 AM Post #8 of 50
There are two versions of the case, one with aluminum end panels and the other with plastic. And each version is available in clear (silver) or black. Any of these could be used for the Mini³ v2. The plastic end panels are always black even if you choose the silver case.

The metal end panel version (1455C801):
http://www.hammondmfg.com/pdf/1455C801.pdf

The plastic end panel version (1455C802):
http://www.hammondmfg.com/pdf/1455C802.pdf

Add "BK" suffix for the black version.

Jun 6, 2007 at 10:57 PM Post #9 of 50
A friendly bump to get this back on the first page (where it belongs)
tongue.gif

It was stated previously that a completion date was unknown. Do you know yet?

Nitpick: the rendering shows version 1.52.

I need a project - this is it!

Jun 6, 2007 at 11:13 PM Post #10 of 50
Yes I wonder why it's not getting more attraction, everybody seems crazy about the Xin Reference, but nobody is interested in this fine amp...

edit: image removed. sorry if I made people mad about crossposting the picture

Jun 7, 2007 at 12:28 AM Post #11 of 50
sexy little amp!

spoilt for choice for portable amps. would be very interested in seeing how one of these compares to the XP amp.

Jun 7, 2007 at 12:59 AM Post #12 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by Denim /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It was stated previously that a completion date was unknown. Do you know yet?

There is no fixed release date, but I am working hard to get it done ASAP while giving the project its full diligence. Currently I am soliciting feedback from the community at large, and will order prototype boards for testing soon.

Quote:

Nitpick: the rendering shows version 1.52.

The plan is to work from v1.50 and upwards during development, and arrive at v2.0 for release.

Btw, I am now at v1.53.

Jun 7, 2007 at 1:16 AM Post #13 of 50
Fantastic! Ultra small and DIY-able to boot. Very cool. I definitely will be watching this one. Good job amb/Morsel!

Jun 7, 2007 at 3:48 AM Post #14 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by amb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There is no fixed release date, but I am working hard to get it done ASAP while giving the project its full diligence. Currently I am soliciting feedback from the community at large, and will order prototype boards for testing soon.

The plan is to work from v1.50 and upwards during development, and arrive at v2.0 for release.

Btw, I am now at v1.53.

Boy, I hope that doesn't mean 47 more iterations. You look a lot closer than that.
wink.gif

Jun 7, 2007 at 3:55 AM Post #15 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by amb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
C2809.jpg

How do you make a 3D model of the board like that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back