The mighty Fostex Th-900 Mk2
Aug 22, 2020 at 6:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

R2Y2

New Head-Fier
Let me just begin with saying that nothing else sounds quiet like these, but I mean that in the greatest way possible. These biodynamic divers are able to play bass at the same time as vocals without distorting the vocals or making them quieter. They are semi open but you would never be able to tell as they doing fully open, again in the best way possible. I was going to sell them after I got my He1000 V2 but the two compliment each other so nicely I couldn't bring myself to do it. Out of all my gear this is the only dynamic I have decided to keep, all the rest are planar or electrostats; and that by itself has to say something great about them. Can these distort, yes, but only if you EQ them with a 25 DB bass boost. I would say these have elevated bass and sub bass, recessed mods (but not much at all), Treble that rolls off and the best imaging I have heard so far (note I have not tried the LCD-24, LCD-4 or final D8000 pro which might have better imaging). I give these a solid 10/10 for my tastes. Feel free to blast me in the comments.

Aug 22, 2020 at 8:36 PM Post #2 of 4
Love mine as well. So much that I have decided to acquire the blue and green ones. No matter the cost!!

Aug 31, 2020 at 10:16 PM Post #3 of 4
They sell these refurbished on Amazon for under $1100. I would think with Amazon's return policy this would be a good deal. Any thoughts on refurb Fosters?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back