The M AUDIO AV 32 and the AV 42 have been released. Has anyone had a chance to try them? If not according to the specs how would they compare to the av 40/30?
Jul 15, 2015 at 6:14 PM Post #16 of 19
I just got my AV32 today. I'm no audiophile but I can tell you that the clarity/detail is amazing. The bass, well, it depends on your preferences. When I listen to EDM, I feel like they can use the help of a subwoofer since the woofers only go down to 75Hz. Moreover, the AV32 makes heavier rock songs like Radioactive by Imagine Dragons sound terrible - they're not the right kind of speakers for this kind of music. Other genres sound really nice though.

Jul 15, 2015 at 9:14 PM Post #17 of 19
Also, the AV32 and AV42 don't have the bass boost switch.

Jul 17, 2015 at 5:19 PM Post #18 of 19
The speakers I previously had were the Logitech Z523. The AV32 make them sound completely rubbish. The guitars and vocals in California Hotel by Eagles sounds very clean and detailed on the AV32, but the bass guitar sounds too loud and makes a slightly unpleasant echo although I put foam between the speakers and the desk. It seems like the AV32 are trying too hard in the bass region in efforts to compensate for the lack of the bottom frequencies.

Jul 18, 2015 at 11:17 PM Post #19 of 19
I did a test using an online frequency generator and found out that the echo occurs between 135 and 140 Hz. Do you have a subwoofer or plan to get one? If yes, then I think you can apply a high pass filter to the AV32 to eliminate this problem. Other than this issue, the AV32 is an great pair of speakers with good clarity. The spatial positioning of sounds is pretty good too, as I can sort of make out where certain instruments are coming from.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back