The lowest (regular) gasoline prices that you've ever seen in the USA? - What are the gasoline prices in your area now?
May 23, 2008 at 1:01 PM Post #47 of 111
North Americans have a car oriented culture, so the real cost is a lot higher even though gas is cheaper here. Have to compare actual usage. My wife and I live downtown and hardly ever use the vehicle, she can walk to work and so on, so whatever the price gets to does not affect us much. I feel sorry for Cabbies or anyone having to make there living through use of a car, or people with long commutes.

May 23, 2008 at 5:08 PM Post #49 of 111
Average here (Long Island, more specifically, Nassau County) is ~$4.15 or so a gallon.

I think i'm gonna get half a tank here (I drive a '94 V8 Jeep...ugh) and fill up in jersey, since I'm heading to PA for the wknd. Jersey = cheaper gas

May 23, 2008 at 7:23 PM Post #51 of 111
You americans have it nice. We have more natural oil in Canada and we're paying close to $6/gallon. Quit your bellyaching! I remember 40c/l gas back when I lived in Montreal

Also... 2.29 gallons/day?

That's friggin 160km+ on my little ford that gets 40mpg. Where the heck are these people driving? Or does this take into account bus drivers, truckers and cabbies?

May 23, 2008 at 7:36 PM Post #52 of 111
Quote:

Originally Posted by RedLeader /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You americans have it nice. We have more natural oil in Canada and we're paying close to $6/gallon. Quit your bellyaching! I remember 40c/l gas back when I lived in Montreal

Well it requites a lot of energy to extract the oil from the sands.

May 23, 2008 at 7:50 PM Post #53 of 111
Quote:

Originally Posted by RedLeader /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Also... 2.29 gallons/day?

That's friggin 160km+ on my little ford that gets 40mpg. Where the heck are these people driving? Or does this take into account bus drivers, truckers and cabbies?

Most people don't drive Fords with ~ 40 mpg.

SUVs, trucks, minivans, and midsized sedans don't get anywhere near 40 mpg. In mixed mode driving, run of the mill I4 midsized sedans get 25-30 mpg and their V6 variants get 20-25 mpg. That's a lot worse than your mileage, but those are efficient when compared to midsized SUVs and minivans which regularly return 15-20 mpg. Then there are the rather popular (in Texas) large SUVs and trucks which barely miss single digit territory...

From what I see, 2.29 gallons/day might even be a bit low...

May 23, 2008 at 8:16 PM Post #54 of 111
Quote:

Originally Posted by marvin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Most people don't drive Fords with ~ 40 mpg.

Well then maybe they should
biggrin.gif

May 23, 2008 at 10:19 PM Post #55 of 111
In Norway (at least around here tonight).
NOK 13,20 á liter, which equals USD10 for 1 gallon. Just insane!

May 24, 2008 at 12:13 AM Post #57 of 111
Quote:

Originally Posted by synaesthetic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The tap water in Tulsa tastes really bad. =|

So I drink beer instead. =D

You are absolutely right!

But do you also drink Scotch, Bourbon, Irish Whiskey, Tennessee Whiskey, or other whiskies?
How about some Aquavit, Brandy, Rum, Gin, Vodka or Tequila?
If so, you might be interested in this.

cool.gif
rolleyes.gif
wink.gif

May 24, 2008 at 12:32 AM Post #58 of 111
It just hit $2NZD a litre here. So thats $1.57USD a litre.

One US Gallon is 3.78 litre's. So according to my probably flawed maths, we would be paying $5.93USD per gallon.

Is that expensive?

May 24, 2008 at 12:40 AM Post #59 of 111
Quote:

Originally Posted by fraseyboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It just hit $2NZD a litre here. So thats $1.57USD a litre.

One US Gallon is 3.78 litre's. So according to my probably flawed maths, we would be paying $5.93USD per gallon.

Is that expensive?

Yes, ridiculously. If prices go that high in the US then people will be starving so they can fill up their SUVs
redface.gif
I can't imagine having to pay $100+ to fill up.

Lowest I've seen is $0.71/gal back in probably '95 or '96, back when this gas station used to drop prices for a few hours and get people to line up into the road for gas. Now it's $3.89/gal here
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back