The Loudness War & DT880's >.<
Nov 3, 2008 at 1:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

chinesekiwi

Headphoneus Supremus
*cries*, they really really don't mix well. Really painful to listen to from a SQ aspect....

Who else who's got/had DT880's agree with this statement and that well the DT880's needs dynamic range?

Was listening to Muse's 'Map of the Problematique' in FLAC.
The AD700's I came from are much more forgiving :p

Nov 3, 2008 at 2:21 PM Post #2 of 13
This could be your answer: TUBESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

880s + Tubes = Thx!

Nov 3, 2008 at 3:21 PM Post #3 of 13
I know. Try some Clapton Unplugged, Cash or anything like it. You'll love the DT880s.
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 3, 2008 at 3:50 PM Post #4 of 13
What do you mean, I'm just loving Death Magnetic on my 880's and CD3000's. Brings a ringing to my ears.. or is that a bad thing
tongue.gif

Nov 3, 2008 at 4:01 PM Post #5 of 13
Since the DT880 is such a detailed pair of cans, it does show the flaws in poorly recorded/mastered CDs. I do have some insanely loud CDs that sound off with the DT880's, although it is torlerable.

Nov 3, 2008 at 4:22 PM Post #6 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Caution /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This could be your answer: TUBESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

880s + Tubes = Thx!

x2

Seriously. Get yourself some tubes, and don't look back.

Nov 3, 2008 at 5:26 PM Post #10 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by wovenhand /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I listen to the DT880 with tubes and albums that are brickwalled up the wazoo don't sound one bit better.

Lets face it, adding tubes won't fix a hot mastered album, but its more likely to subdue the piercing highs than a solid state amp would.

Nov 3, 2008 at 5:31 PM Post #11 of 13
You know.. I'm listening to the exact same Map Of The Problematique in FLAC as well and it's not that bad. I heard a lot more songs that sound definitely off.

BTW, try to get the latest album of the Peppers. Then get the vinyl version (you know where) and compare them. The difference is huge.

Nov 3, 2008 at 9:49 PM Post #12 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by apatN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You know.. I'm listening to the exact same Map Of The Problematique in FLAC as well and it's not that bad. I heard a lot more songs that sound definitely off.

BTW, try to get the latest album of the Peppers. Then get the vinyl version (you know where) and compare them. The difference is huge.

Yeah it is. The distortion of the guitars >.<

The only genre the I can understand distortion of the sound/guitars is heavy metal in which it was founded under distortion thus it's historical and part of the genre.
That said, Muse are fantastic live. Front row
biggrin.gif
. Being semi-crushed was worth it! (Not so much for my hearing but mmm...)

Nov 3, 2008 at 10:16 PM Post #13 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Caution /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Lets face it, adding tubes won't fix a hot mastered album, but its more likely to subdue the piercing highs than a solid state amp would.

Yes, I know. I was mostly stating something very obvious. Adding tubes won't "fix" anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back