The Little Willies... Norah Jones and her NY buddies
Mar 8, 2006 at 3:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Sleestack

Headphoneus Supremus
Norah is part of a group called The Little Willies. Their self titled album came out today.

First, let mw say, I've never understood why people consider Norah a jazz musician. Just b/c she is on Blue Note does not make her jazz musician. Nothing in her music even remotely sounds like jazz. I've always believed that she was more of a country/bluegrass musician. I think that was fairly evident on her second album, Feels Like Home.

With The Little Willies, Norah goes even further into pure country/bluegrass. Furthermore she isn't the featured artist. She's just the female singer and piano player. Personally, I really like it. It is much more grassroots and sounds like a great band you'ld hear in a small club in Austin or Nashville. Nothing commercial and no evidnce of music being overproduced for marketing purposes. If you're not into country/bluegrass you won't like it, but if you do, I would definitely check it out.

Mar 8, 2006 at 6:06 AM Post #2 of 8
I was wondering when this was coming out. Thanks for the heads up.
biggrin.gif

Mar 8, 2006 at 8:33 PM Post #3 of 8
Jasper994:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sleestack
Their self titled album came out today.

Mar 8, 2006 at 8:47 PM Post #4 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by ameyer17
Jasper994:

Yeah, but I had heard about it maybe a month or so ago. I just wasn't sure what the release date was. "Wondering" was past tense...

Mar 9, 2006 at 2:33 PM Post #5 of 8
Uuuuh, its from Blue Note again, that's

and Amazon says its copy-protected, that's

and it's for sure goint to come out on SACD, isn't it? That's

for the redbook. Anyone familiar with Blue Note's "quality" able to say something about soundquality?

Mar 9, 2006 at 3:14 PM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Oliver :)
Anyone familiar with Blue Note's "quality" able to say something about soundquality?

i think it's pretty much up to the producers and artists. MMW had a couple of releases on Blue Note that sounded respectable. and the RVG reissue series, for the most part, sounds superb. but Norah Jones' first album sounded like poo.

as for "The Little Willies," i can't help but be reminded of the old joke-rock band "Dick Delicious and the Tasty Testicles."
very_evil_smiley.gif

Mar 10, 2006 at 6:01 AM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Oliver :)
and Amazon says its copy-protected, that's

I've got AnyDVD running in the background, so no worries.
biggrin.gif
I bought it after Sony's rootkit debacle.

Thanks for the heads-up, Sleestack. I just ordered it.

Norah is a great musician and singer. She seems to have the talent to sing a variety of styles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back