THE LIST IS UP FOR THE EXCHANGE!!!
Oct 24, 2004 at 3:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 163

Zanth

SHAman who knew of Head-Fi ten years prior to its existence
We are two months from Christmas and in the tradition of the season of giving, we at Head-fi have participated in a CD gift exchange. This is obviously 100% voluntary. The idea is that folks post to let me know that they want to participate, and then by the third week of November or so, I will draw names in pairs. These folks will exchange an album, CD or LP depending on the partner. I leave that up to the individuals to work out.

Last year this went over VERY VERY WELL. There was only one person who withdrew but Lisa came in late to participate and evened out the numbers. All I ask is that if one signs up they commit. No one needs to spend a boat load of cash here, a $15 CD is more than adequate. Some folks buy according to the taste of their giftee, others try to expose them to new cool music. "New" meaning new to the giftee. Lisa was my partner last year and I was gifted with an album by a famous group from her country (K's Choice). They sound a lot like the Indigo Girls (at least when the female is doing a solo). Very enjoyable and I had never heard of this group before. I was elated as was my wife. That was a bonus!

Let us say we have 1 month to sign up, I will then list the partners Nov 25th and this will give us about 1 month to have the gifts arrive. I urge everyone to unsure that the gifts are sent out 2 weeks or so before Christmas so that everyone maybe receive them before the holiday mail slowdown.

Alright, let's get some Holiday Cheer going on this board. It has been far too gloomy as of late.

Here Is the List:

1. rickcr42 + JMT
    Absorbine_Sr + damitamit
    oneeyedhobbit + pikawel
    Lisa + OneMalt
    Sovkiller + thrice
    elrod-tom + The_Mac
    nanahachi + NeilPeart
    NacMacFeegle + john_jcb
    erikzen + Flasken
    spwal + gsferrari
    Voodoochile + Jmedeiros
    Rizumu + sleepkyng
    Wmcmanus + Orpheus
    dSquared + Budley007
    roadtonowhere08 + bong
    Unclewai + stet
    Born2bwire + Andrew Pielet
    GokieKS + immtbiker
    DanG + JeffL
    Zanth + PinkFloyd
    Thaddy + nismo96
    Old Pa + 00940
    shiggins + Jahn
    becomethemould + Oink1
    null + skr
    Stephonovich + skiingement
    TrevorNetwork + stet
    jmzzz0 + fyrfytrhoges
    BRBJackson + k.ODOMA
    lextek + tortie
    Jorg + bln
    mxs1030 + flecom
    guzzler + TheMuffinMan_01
    philodox + tyrion
    dffman2001 + Nisbeth
    tiberian + Feanor
    viator122 + go_vtec

Oct 24, 2004 at 3:11 PM Post #2 of 163
I'm in!!

Oct 24, 2004 at 3:20 PM Post #3 of 163
So am I! Um...just in case someone thought I might not be
biggrin.gif

Alright! So if all else fails, Tom you are getting a nice package from me this Holiday Season
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 24, 2004 at 4:35 PM Post #7 of 163
I am so in! Not used either, I have the perfect CD still in shrinkwrap and ready to ship!

Oct 24, 2004 at 7:53 PM Post #10 of 163
Could I be put on standby or something of the sort? I'd love to be in, and I'm fairly sure I could come up with the cash, but poor broke highschool student and all... if I can, I will. When it gets closer I'll see. Brilliant idea, though.

Oct 24, 2004 at 8:22 PM Post #11 of 163
Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephonovich
Could I be put on standby or something of the sort?

Far be it from me to comment Stephonovich but I believe Zanth needs to be assured the committment is 100% in order to pair people up that are sure to deliver the presents down the chimney
wink.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zanth
All I ask is that if one signs up they commit.

Oct 24, 2004 at 9:12 PM Post #13 of 163
I'm in.

Oct 24, 2004 at 9:14 PM Post #14 of 163
Quote:

Originally Posted by PinkFloyd
Far be it from me to comment Stephonovich but I believe Zanth needs to be assured the committment is 100% in order to pair people up that are sure to deliver the presents down the chimney
wink.gif

Yeah, sadly this is how it has to be. I won't worry about people backing out at the last minute. This happened last year and it sucked. Mr. PD offered to double up and buy for two (I ended up being the odd person out) but then Lisa came on in and we exchanged. I just don't want the hassle.

Oct 24, 2004 at 9:40 PM Post #15 of 163
Of course, count me in.

This is an absolute annual event here at Head-Fi, and thanks to Zanth for coordinating it once again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back