The legendary FINAL LAB I earphone returns – VERY limited production run.
Feb 26, 2016 at 7:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

Tony-Hifi

Member of the Trade: HiFi Headphones
Hifiheadphones are happy to announce that we will very shortly have in stock the legendary Final Lab I Earphone(previously known as Final Audio Design).

This will be a very limited production run of approximately 100 earphones dependant on worldwide demand.

We are very fortunate to have secured some of this stock in advance for our customers to enjoy this superbly crafted earphone incorporating Dual full range balanced armature drivers and Final’s unique Balances Air Movement technology all contained in a titanium housing.

For more details please see check the link below, hifiheadphones is UK based but ships worldwide.

The Final Lab I Titanium Earphone.

Feb 26, 2016 at 7:38 AM Post #2 of 14
That price is scary, especially without a detachable cable! You can get a Noble K10U for less. Jiminy.

Feb 26, 2016 at 10:11 AM Post #3 of 14
  That price is scary, especially without a detachable cable! You can get a Noble K10U for less. Jiminy.

However, the K10U and the Lab I are two completely different beasts.
The sound signatures are not even remotely similar (IMHO) so apart from that most of us cannot afford both, having one of them does not in any way exclude the other one.
This is the really scary part...

Feb 26, 2016 at 4:46 PM Post #4 of 14
Wow the price of a custom IEM. Oh how I wish I didint have to buy food to survive.

Feb 26, 2016 at 8:06 PM Post #5 of 14
Wish I had waited instead of buying a used pair, but they are as good as new really, bought about 6 to 9 months back, Just love them, I would buy another pair almost.

Feb 27, 2016 at 12:12 PM Post #6 of 14
Very interesting. I've heard good things about this.

Feb 27, 2016 at 6:25 PM Post #7 of 14
Feb 27, 2016 at 10:05 PM Post #8 of 14
The Lab 1 are excellent. These are my favourite portable IEM although not the most isolating. (I actually take the R2PRO on business trips and keep these for local use.)

It is the three dimensional layering that sets the Lab 1 apart. You will get faster bass and greater dynamics from a high-end multi-BA IEM. The Lab 1 however has very precise imaging left to right, attributable I believe to the dual parallel BAs being full frequency range, i.e. no cross-overs and no frequency phase issues. The way that this left to right imaging layers forward and backward is something mystical to me. It is the acoustic modelling that the late Takai-san did like no one else.

They are quite thick of sound. I recommend a dynamic clean source. (For example, think PAW Gold, not AK120.)

Edit: Must add YMMV here. This is how I perceive the sound of the Lab 1. I know however that I am not alone.

Feb 27, 2016 at 10:33 PM Post #9 of 14
  The Lab 1 are excellent. These are my favourite portable IEM although not the most isolating. (I actually take the R2PRO on business trips and keep these for local use.)

It is the three dimensional layering that sets the Lab 1 apart. You will get faster bass and greater dynamics from a high-end multi-BA IEM. The Lab 1 however has very precise imaging left to right, attributable I believe to the dual parallel BAs being full frequency range, i.e. no cross-overs and no frequency phase issues. The way that this left to right imaging layers forward and backward is something mystical to me. It is the acoustic modelling that the late Takai-san did like no one else.

They are quite thick of sound. I recommend a dynamic clean source. (For example, think PAW Gold, not AK120.)

Edit: Must add YMMV here. This is how I perceive the sound of the Lab 1. I know however that I am not alone.

Thanks!
on my shopping list this summer in Japan.

Feb 28, 2016 at 2:22 PM Post #10 of 14
So, about USD $1,800.00...
eek.gif
 Heard somewhere they're sort of darkish, no? Anyway, they look really beautiful!

Feb 28, 2016 at 10:46 PM Post #11 of 14
Well I like them much better than my customs from a few years back. Those are JH audio which now cost more than these. In addition I understand the process to make the Lab1 is pretty intensive. To each his own, I got mine third hand but did find a new pair for slightly cheaper than this price afterward which I would have rather bought just to be only owner. I have a particular physical problem with iems though and for some reason finals are the only ones that work for me. That said, these are the best final iems so there you go.

Mar 2, 2016 at 12:37 PM Post #12 of 14
Hi all, long time fad lover , first time fad poster! Current lineup is:
Akr02(fibass for ak)
Heaven 7 matte
Heaven vi ( ak tuned, first ak/fad)
Original adagio

My question to those with lab1's, having heard and own h7's, although looks are similar could one imagine sound is simikar as well? The h7 and h8 are about the only fad products that im not a huge fan of and wanting to get the lab1 , im afraid of investing in a set and not using them! Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Mar 3, 2016 at 1:16 AM Post #13 of 14
Lab1 is way better than the heaven 8 to my ears but I haven't heard the 7. The lab seems like it is less limited of a frequency range in direct omparisons to both the 8 and fibass. Probably due to dual driver.

Mar 3, 2016 at 8:28 AM Post #14 of 14
Lab1 is way better than the heaven 8 to my ears but I haven't heard the 7. The lab seems like it is less limited of a frequency range in direct omparisons to both the 8 and fibass. Probably due to dual driver.

To my ears, the Lab1 is more similar to the H8 than the H7. However, after a direct comparison of the Lab1 and H8, I found the Lab1 to be vastly more enjoyable and I was never able to enjoy the H8 in the same way again

Users who are viewing this thread

Back