The Leader of the Band is Dead: Dan Fogelberg dies at age 56
Dec 17, 2007 at 2:04 AM Post #3 of 15
Really sad news. I didn't realize that her had been ill. His father was, of course, the leader of the band. That's one of a very few songs that almost always makes me want to cry because it's just such a beautiful tribute.

Dec 17, 2007 at 7:21 AM Post #4 of 15
R.I.P. Dan, Its really a shock that I had not heard about.

Dec 17, 2007 at 4:10 PM Post #5 of 15
Dan Fogelberg's father was my wife's High School band instructor. She knew Dan casually through that association. It's sad that he is gone so young. I understand from the article that he spent time at the end promoting testing for prostate cancer. I think that's a good reminder for those of us in that prime age range.

RIP Dan.

A_Sr.

Dec 17, 2007 at 6:31 PM Post #7 of 15
Very sad. I haven't been following Fogelberg's career in recent years but back in the mid seventies I loved his song "Illinois" and practically wore out a copy of his "Souvenirs" L.P.

Dec 17, 2007 at 7:05 PM Post #8 of 15
That is sad news. Reading the obit reminds me that I need to get tested for prostate cancer. In fact, I've been meaning to have a post-40 checkup and now that I am almost 45 I should probably act on it.
redface.gif

Dec 18, 2007 at 1:48 AM Post #12 of 15
One of the great singer/song writers of our time. RIP If we can learn anything please get tested early and often and that includes the colonoscopy. They really aren't that bad to go through.

Dec 18, 2007 at 1:50 AM Post #13 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by fatcat28037 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'll have to give it a listen tonight.

41YV5NSJDTL.jpg

I'm gonna do the same.

Thanks for the tunes and RIP.

Dec 18, 2007 at 1:57 AM Post #14 of 15
RIP Dan. You brought joy throughout your life via your songs and performances and will no doubt continue to do so through your many recordings.

Thanks especially for 'The Innocent Years'.

Dec 18, 2007 at 8:53 AM Post #15 of 15
Really sad news. Granted, the man has his cheese ("Same Auld Lang Syne"), but he is a large part of my childhood musical memories, back when radios still played music.

Even more sadly, in today's musical world, there are so few legacies to the leader of the band.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back