Jul 20, 2021 at 11:41 PM Post #16 of 32
4000$ for an alloy which has way worse conductivity than simple copper 🤔

I really do like the interchangeable connector though

Last edited:
Jul 20, 2021 at 11:59 PM Post #17 of 32
$3999

🤮🤮🤮

Maybe if you did well on crypto.

Crypto is pretty bad right now. Gotta make that free Centurion cable from short squeeze play on $AMC :money_mouth::money_mouth::money_mouth::money_mouth:

Capture.PNG

Jul 21, 2021 at 2:47 AM Post #19 of 32
I have seen in these threads people selling a small capsule with two connectors on each side being sold for $199 (or $299, I can't remember) and claiming improvement in audio quality. Someone tore it open and there was a simple badly soldered "scrap wire" inside. In another case, someone claimed to alter the sound by improving the "driver" inside a DAP, for an already compiled closed source driver for a closed specification DAC chip, and was/is asking again similar price for his scam.

In both cases, the common denominator was the people hearing "improvements" and paying hundreds for such SCAM. We have every reason to question the snake oil.

Jul 21, 2021 at 5:01 AM Post #21 of 32
WOW! WOW!! WOW!!! What an interesting cable, it does feel like VIP to be in this hobby without even own it. Lets see, in order to have an end game set, this is really really really an end game, IEM+Cable+Dap = 3A+1B+2C = 3x4000+1x4000+2x4000 = 12,000+4000+8000 = 24,000 Oh wait…. $24,000.00 USA dollars??? NO, it must be the calculator’s display issue, I need to get a new calculator to help with this or I should have taken more math during school. Well…. I love easy routes, I’ll get a new calculator then work on this again hopefully, the numbers make sense XD

Jul 21, 2021 at 9:38 AM Post #23 of 32
I'm not a guy who thinks there is such a thing as "too expensive" per se.

But I do believe in the rule of thumb that you should put the bulk of your money into your transducers. And this cable, all by itself, costs more than virtually every IEM on the market, making compliance with that rule impossible.

C'mon, IEM makers, step up your game! We need some 6K earphones, stat!

Jul 21, 2021 at 9:46 AM Post #24 of 32

But I do believe in the rule of thumb that you should put the bulk of your money into your transducers. And this cable, all by itself, costs more than virtually every IEM on the market, making compliance with that rule impossible.

These are my two favorites:

https://shop.musicteck.com/collections/oriolus/products/oriolus-traillii-jp?variant=32205053952062

https://shop.musicteck.com/collecti...-sound-special-edition?variant=39389519151166

I think both would pair wonderfully with this cable :)

-Collin-

Jul 21, 2021 at 9:50 AM Post #25 of 32
$4000 for a <1% improvement, wish people would spend that money on charity instead.
That is a charity by itself already, but also is supporting their very own hobby :wink:

common ! Seriously ? A cables that is 4K deserves an iems that is 60k. After all cables is braiding with some blings and a few solder joins. The IEMs needs acoustic engineering tuning, measurements, graphs, and then acoustic chamber design/engineer, and then overall fitting design, appearances … etc…etc. An IEMS or a DAP engineering level is 20-30x intensive vs cables. Therefore a 4K cables will deserve an IEMS 20x it prices, which is 80k minimum

Disclaimer: those are quantized values given by the intellect and its intensity level from the foundations. They are assumed and quantitative accordingly

Also, as much as when it come to Art. There are no number or marks to be used as a references. Therefore, from an art standpoint, these artfully perfected cables are cheap.

Last edited:
Jul 21, 2021 at 6:10 PM Post #26 of 32
Forged from Perfection, Centurion converges revolutionary technology with the finest aesthetics to deliver the comfort and luxury experience that has become synonymous with Effect Audio - redefined yet again to a new standard.
9.jpg

After years of experimenting with gold-plated silver and silver-gold alloy, Centurion completes the brand’s ambitions by employing the highest quality material available: the industry’s first gold-plated silver-gold alloy. Rising above the pinnacle of the IEM cables, Centurion features the highest levels of performance, craftsmanship and design, positioning the flagship as the most technically advanced cable to date.

Bask in the melodic tone which only the quality of the gold-plated silver-gold alloy can provide as we take another step beyond perfection

Technical Specifications
- 26 AWG 8 Wires
- Gold Plated Silver Gold Alloy UP-OCC
- 7 Core-Bundling
- Multi-Sized Stranding
- EA UltraFlexi™ Insulation
- Superior Pentaconn 4.4mm plugs
- Titanium Shelled ConX®️ Interchangeable Connector

材质-EN.jpg

𝐂𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐢𝐨𝐧
Price: USD $3,999
Pre-order here: https://bit.ly/2VZ9LFq
What a waste you know how much metal you can buy for $3,999

Jul 22, 2021 at 9:22 AM Post #28 of 32
You guys are missing the most important detail, which actually makes this relatively good value:

It's 800ft long.

Think about it. You can have your rig in your neighbours house while you chill out on your own sofa.

Jul 22, 2021 at 9:36 AM Post #29 of 32
You guys are missing the most important detail, which actually makes this relatively good value:

It's 800ft long.

Think about it. You can have your rig in your neighbours house while you chill out on your own sofa.

This is important. I can extend it from my source and walk it with me as I work around the house, in the yard and back again. Best part is that I have to retrace my steps so I can put everything back where it belongs on the way while enjoying a cable that is "a step beyond perfection"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back