The Larocco Full Monty!! Pics!
May 1, 2004 at 7:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 80

ipodstudio

Banned: - aka full monty - aka didikossa - aka R1D1 - aka migraineboy - aka setharmstrong - aka threavester - aka Sarah.B - aka javier - aka DoomV1 - aka JIAA
OK Folks,
Larry at Larocco Audio just sent me some pics of my completed headphone amp. We've named it: the "Larocco Full Monty" as she's a little bit unusual. Larry decided to remove the PPA designation as he says it's no longer a normal PPA amp: it's also his first pre-amp!! As such this is a one off unless Larry puts it into his line-up..
wink.gif

She has a Diamond Buffer, AOS DAC, Gain Switch, DACT Stereo Stepped Attenuator, Black Gate Capacitors & Pre-Amp Out, all encased in a custom brushed silver casing. I'm so excited to get it...words can't explain
k1000smile.gif
BTW, the stepped attenuator is supposed to be awesome!!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Here are the pics he sent me, more to come when it arrives with me:

duncan03.jpg

duncan01.jpg

duncan04.jpg

duncan05.jpg

May 1, 2004 at 7:30 AM Post #3 of 80
No kidding! BTW, the gain switch is on the front panel, pre-amp out switch on the back, just in case anyone was wondering...
wink.gif

May 1, 2004 at 7:46 AM Post #5 of 80
Quote:

Originally Posted by boodi
wow
i thought i had just decided towards the larocco pocket .. now I'm not so sure anymore ..

LOL. Well, get ready to spend 3-4 times more, then
very_evil_smiley.gif

May 1, 2004 at 7:55 AM Post #7 of 80
That is so cool. Must have cost a pretty penny though with the DACT and all that
tongue.gif

May 1, 2004 at 7:57 AM Post #8 of 80
ill make sure to drop larrys place sometime and have a listen to your amp before it goes out ....looks killer...

May 1, 2004 at 8:17 AM Post #10 of 80
Quote:

Originally Posted by xtreme4099
ill make sure to drop larrys place sometime and have a listen to your amp before it goes out ....looks killer...

xtreme4099, yes, please do!!! I'm not sure if he's sending it today (Saturday) or Monday, though...

May 1, 2004 at 8:19 AM Post #11 of 80
Quote:

Originally Posted by Iron_Dreamer
Trust me, that stepped attenuator will make the "full monty" worth it, no high-end amp should be without one IMO. Congrats on your beautiful new amp/preamp/dac. May it give you many years of happy serivce
biggrin.gif

Thanks Iron_Dreamer!! Larry's exact words were:

"You lucky dog. I need a new
amp now. :wink:"

LOL!!

May 1, 2004 at 9:22 AM Post #13 of 80
Awesome craftsmanship. They really do have top notch workmanship at LaRocco Audio. Congrats on your new amp, ipodstudio.

May 1, 2004 at 11:11 AM Post #14 of 80
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood
Fantastic!

The recessed locking Neutrik is a nice touch.

-Ed

Thanks Ed!! Yes, pretty looking thing, isn't she. Interestingly, Larry made the height 85 mms for me, to match the exact height of the Arcam FMJ CD33t CD player I'm using with it. Nice little touch..
wink.gif

May 1, 2004 at 11:13 AM Post #15 of 80
Quote:

Originally Posted by kcaesthete
Awesome craftsmanship. They really do have top notch workmanship at LaRocco Audio. Congrats on your new amp, ipodstudio.

Thanks, kcaesthete, I'm happy as a pig in "you know what"
biggrin.gif
Now everyone please keep your fingers crossed that the couriers don't lose it..
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back