The Larocco Full Monty is in the house!!!! Pics inside!!
May 20, 2004 at 2:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 36

ipodstudio

Banned: - aka full monty - aka didikossa - aka R1D1 - aka migraineboy - aka setharmstrong - aka threavester - aka Sarah.B - aka javier - aka DoomV1 - aka JIAA
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

The Larocco Full Monty is in the house!!!!.....and she sounds...AWESOME!!!!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Went to the PO this morning, played merry hell and guess what? They found the full monty!!
smily_headphones1.gif
They had just forgotten to bring her from the PO in Malaga, 9 US miles away, to the PO where I live, until today, 10 days after this Express package was cleared by customs without charge...amazing!!
rolleyes.gif

Anyways, here's a couple of snapshots of my now complete setup. Sorry about the image quality but I don't have my tripod handy, BTW. Probably the only thing I'll be adding to this rig is a lab supply which Larry is going to make for me to exactly match the amp. Other than that, she's complete and sounding better than I could ever have imagined. I'll post some initial impressions after I've burnt in the amp and the ICs.

the_rig_1.jpg

the_rig_3.jpg

the_rig_5.jpg

the_rig_4.jpg

coolphones.gif

May 20, 2004 at 2:21 PM Post #2 of 36
sweet!! yes you must join team lab power!!!

May 20, 2004 at 2:39 PM Post #4 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by insomniac
A little off topic, but what are those headphone stands and where can I get one?

LOL! I made it out of a $5 kitchen roll stand after by being inspired by the banana stand thread.....
smily_headphones1.gif

Here's a closer pic:

stand_2.jpg

May 20, 2004 at 2:42 PM Post #5 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by ipodstudio
LOL! I made it out of a $5 kitchen roll stand after by being inspired by the banana stand thread.....
smily_headphones1.gif

Nice!

Awesome setup, by the way

May 20, 2004 at 2:48 PM Post #6 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by insomniac
Nice!

Awesome setup, by the way

Thanks!! I can't believe the things I'm hearing on these CDs!! Symbols are shimmering that I never new were on the recording!!

If you're in the US you should find it easy to find a banana stand by all accounts, and I think they only cost a few bucks, otherwise my adaption of the idea works great once you've padded the top with some rubber foam to prevent slipping.
smily_headphones1.gif

May 20, 2004 at 2:51 PM Post #7 of 36
WOW!!

Nice setup you got there
wink.gif

You mean cymbals of course...yes I love the sound of em cymbals. Do you know what will sound REALLY good?

Try Sting : Brand New Day and listen to the first track "A Thousand Years"

and feel the bass baby!!
eek.gif
eggosmile.gif

May 20, 2004 at 2:56 PM Post #8 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by gsferrari
WOW!!

Nice setup you got there
wink.gif

You mean cymbals of course...yes I love the sound of em cymbals. Do you know what will sound REALLY good?

Try Sting : Brand New Day and listen to the first track "A Thousand Years"

and feel the bass baby!!
eek.gif
eggosmile.gif

eek.gif
eek.gif
cymbals was what I meant to write, of course..
biggrin.gif
Hey, I'm excited, wadda ya spect!
biggrin.gif

I'll see if I can find that Sting album somewhere
wink.gif

The bass on this amp is EXACTLY as I like it, too. Not too much, not too little, just right there. The gain switch is very cool, even with the HD650s at low volume. Do I wish I'd got a bass boost? Nah! Not at all. This bass is sweet as a nut!

May 20, 2004 at 3:10 PM Post #9 of 36
Wow -- that amp looks great with your CD33T. I ended up getting an upgraded MPX-3 tube amp to use with my CD33T (and DV79). The clean aesthetic of my all-Arcam system will be lost... How do you like the Cardas cables in the system? I'm using Audioquest Pythons.

May 20, 2004 at 3:57 PM Post #10 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by gregeas
Wow -- that amp looks great with your CD33T. I ended up getting an upgraded MPX-3 tube amp to use with my CD33T (and DV79). The clean aesthetic of my all-Arcam system will be lost... How do you like the Cardas cables in the system? I'm using Audioquest Pythons.

Thanks!! I had Larry make it exctly 85mms high so that it's identical in height to the Arcam including the feet. They look even cooler side by side but I've not enough room on my desk to have that arrangement..
smily_headphones1.gif

But, the sound....is undescribable....
coolphones.gif

May 20, 2004 at 4:00 PM Post #11 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by gregeas
... How do you like the Cardas cables in the system? I'm using Audioquest Pythons.

Oops! Missed this part...I love them so far, but they haven't even burnt in yet and I've nothing to compare to so I'm not sure my opinion is of much use to you..
wink.gif

I do like having the Cardas right through the entire system, though. All the connectors on the amp are Cardas, too..
cool.gif

May 20, 2004 at 4:07 PM Post #13 of 36
Thanks man!! It's just cheap Ikea style furniture as we only rent this apartment before buying a house here but it does the trick for now and yes, the apartment has great light. Almost a 30 sq. meter terrace, too, nicely overlooking the sea. Not a bad place to work and listen to this sytem..
smily_headphones1.gif

May 20, 2004 at 4:12 PM Post #15 of 36
Don't you hate it when the only way to get results is to get rude? Well all's well that ends well, and my that's a pretty setup. Your silver amp matches your silver source so nicely.
wink.gif
I couldn't find any banana stands here so mom sent me one. But now I find I should have gotten two.

So what are you doing for power supply there in Spain? Don't they use 220V?

Enjoy the tunes!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back