"The Lab"
Feb 17, 2017 at 11:27 PM Post #19,501 of 20,136
X5III tour unit unboxing video. Quite an impressive unit, so far.

Feb 18, 2017 at 9:36 AM Post #19,503 of 20,136
Peter peter123, I'm really sorry to hear this buddy :frowning2:

So glad to hear that all the family members are safe. I am wishing that you and your family will recover fast from this situation.

Feb 18, 2017 at 10:28 AM Post #19,504 of 20,136
@all Labsters :wink:

Thanks for all the support guys! It's nice to have a thread like this that feels like a home on the Internet thanks to all the amazing people participating in it. I'm lucky to have found it and to be a part of it.

You're all right, that everyone is OK is what counts. Everything else is fixable.

Cheers
Peter

Feb 19, 2017 at 8:47 AM Post #19,506 of 20,136
  X5III tour unit unboxing video. Quite an impressive unit, so far.

Two days from China to the Midwest?? What kind of shipping did they use? On the East Coast it usually takes like a few weeks to get to me whenever I buy from China 
frown.gif

Anyway, nice video; without stoking the already blazing fires of the x5iii vs dx200 debate, I have to say that I think that I like the physical design of the x5iii just a liiittle more, although I can't speak to the sound of course. Boot time seems quite slow though, and that wasn't the very first boot either.. hopefully firmware would help fix that.

Overall UI seems clean and pretty smooth however; looks good 
biggrin.gif

Feb 19, 2017 at 1:02 PM Post #19,508 of 20,136
Hi guys,
Last night something terrible happened to me and my family. Just before bedtime I heard a quite strong noise from our ground floor and when I went down to check it out my sons room was on fire and not just a little. Fortunately he was watching videos together with his older sister and was not in the room. The room got totally burnt out though and the rest of the house filled with smoke. We all managed to get out in one piece buy both my wife and I inhaled quite a bit of smoke so we had to spend the night in hospital. The house still stands but we're not allowed even to go in and get medicine and basic stuff so today we've been walking around the mall in our night clothes slowly replacing them with new ones one by one. We've got no idea when we'll be allowed to get into our house again and we're staying at a hotel nearby right now.

What an absolute nightmare
frown.gif

Anyway, I'd guess it won't be much participating on Head-fi for me the next couple of weeks at least.

I didn't even manage to bring one single pair of anything to listen too
wink.gif

So sorry, glad everyone is safe.  Fire is scary.

I hope by now you have access to your house and recovery has started.

r2

Feb 19, 2017 at 6:08 PM Post #19,509 of 20,136
Hi guys,
Last night something terrible happened to me and my family. Just before bedtime I heard a quite strong noise from our ground floor and when I went down to check it out my sons room was on fire and not just a little. Fortunately he was watching videos together with his older sister and was not in the room. The room got totally burnt out though and the rest of the house filled with smoke. We all managed to get out in one piece buy both my wife and I inhaled quite a bit of smoke so we had to spend the night in hospital. The house still stands but we're not allowed even to go in and get medicine and basic stuff so today we've been walking around the mall in our night clothes slowly replacing them with new ones one by one. We've got no idea when we'll be allowed to get into our house again and we're staying at a hotel nearby right now.

What an absolute nightmare :frowning2:

Anyway, I'd guess it won't be much participating on Head-fi for me the next couple of weeks at least.

I didn't even manage to bring one single pair of anything to listen too :wink:

What a terrible thing to hear Peter! I'm glad you and your family are safe. Hopefully the smoke didn't do any harm to your health and you can start repairs to your home soon. Let me know if I can do anything. Keep your heads up!

Feb 21, 2017 at 7:01 PM Post #19,510 of 20,136
Hi guys,

What an absolute nightmare
frown.gif

I didn't even manage to bring one single pair of anything to listen too
wink.gif

Little late here, but hope you're doing fine and do take care!

Feb 22, 2017 at 9:00 PM Post #19,512 of 20,136
Feb 24, 2017 at 4:50 AM Post #19,514 of 20,136
http://www.headfonia.com/tento-porta-dac-1866-all-your-bases/

But it is only €599 and may well be tricky to track one down to try it out.

How are you liking your portable Class A amp, any comments about it - good as well as bad and is it your favorite so far?

I have tried the Cayin C5 so far as well as the Fiio E12A, A5 and E11K and Topping NX1A, NX5 and NX5 and still looking for something better. 
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back