"The Lab"
Jun 1, 2016 at 4:52 AM Post #17,656 of 20,136
Originally Posted by seanwee /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I wish I was as skilled as you...........
frown.gif

Get a soldering iron and start practicing. You should get used to it quickly and see that it is a lot of fun and not super difficult. 
thumbs_up_smiley.gif

Jun 1, 2016 at 11:05 AM Post #17,660 of 20,136
  Guys what are some options for me if I am looking to buy a tube amplifier for <$200 CDN? Not a hybrid amp but like a tube tube knawamsayin?

Thanks in advance :)  

That may be a tall order sub $200! My suggestion is out of the running (Hybrid) but I really like it and use it as my Desktop amp at the office http://www.audioadvisor.com/prodinfo.asp?number=QIA3
biggrin.gif

Not to mention it's Optimus approved
blink.gif
LOL

beerchug.gif

Jun 1, 2016 at 12:53 PM Post #17,661 of 20,136

That may be a tall order sub $200! My suggestion is out of the running (Hybrid) but I really like it and use it as my Desktop amp at the office http://www.audioadvisor.com/prodinfo.asp?number=QIA3
biggrin.gif

Not to mention it's Optimus approved
blink.gif
LOL

beerchug.gif

Thanks Tim, that is a really nice looking set up! I think I have the amp situation more or less figured out, thanks for the heads up! Whose the cutie on the right with the two tubes? :wink: The A3 right?

Jun 1, 2016 at 1:24 PM Post #17,662 of 20,136
  Build your own speakers. You can get some flagship worthy sound with a few hundred and a little assembly. Check out diysoundgroup.

These are my towers. Full flat response to over 115db, reaches 20hz, and matches $5,000 speakers with ease. To say I love these things are an understatement. There is a pride of ownership knowing that you built it.

One day I hope DIY options appear like this for IEMs.

Wow I didn't even know that was a thing. I don't have anything to build those things with, like construction materials. But nothing a little shopping can't fix. Will look into it, thanks V :)

Jun 1, 2016 at 1:33 PM Post #17,663 of 20,136

Thanks Tim, that is a really nice looking set up! I think I have the amp situation more or less figured out, thanks for the heads up! Whose the cutie on the right with the two tubes? :wink: The A3 right?

Yes sir, when I bought mine a few years ago AA was running a sale and I got it for $149.95, I actually have it wired to my Dayton 8" powered which cables out to my Dayton B652's. Most people that come into my office get drop jaw and usually tell me it sounds better than their home rig
biggrin.gif
That LaCie 500GB under the HRT MS II is loaded to the gills with mostly WMA but coming back through the HRT sound fantastic. It is pretty phenomenal for a <$500 rig
wink_face.gif
Got the Spelz ic on it with gold banana's
tongue_smile.gif

beerchug.gif

Jun 1, 2016 at 1:39 PM Post #17,664 of 20,136

Wow I didn't even know that was a thing. I don't have anything to build those things with, like construction materials. But nothing a little shopping can't fix. Will look into it, thanks V :)

That is good stuff B-Haz
bigsmile_face.gif
I have a friend here in town who is a cabinet/speaker builder as well
wink_face.gif
Here's a few of his creations, he likes using horns and multi veneers
beerchug.gif

Tamal, have you seen this little Aune T1 over on MassDrop? http://eng.52ve.cn/product.php?cm_id=205&if_id=174

Jun 2, 2016 at 4:36 AM Post #17,666 of 20,136
Jun 2, 2016 at 9:59 PM Post #17,670 of 20,136
Back home, in the loving - albiet slightly smoky - embrace of my Lab. Since my power was out for 3-9 days, I'm thinking a new fridge is in order. Anybody up for some Fridge-Fi?

Lesson I learned today, bluetooth audio streaming from the iphone to Ford Sync sounds really, really bad (not to mention I'm using foobar and all of the music "was not found" so voice command wouldn't work)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back