"The Lab"
May 25, 2016 at 8:59 AM Post #17,581 of 20,136

I was thinking along the same lines as B9Scrambler, in addition I wonder if there are any filters you could get to put over your work PC screen.

I also have heard of Occupational glasses (from Opticians)  that might help in your case to relieve eyestrain if you are on a PC all day - like a lot of us.

Have you had your eyes checked as it should be done every 2 years which also checks for Glaucoma due to increased eye pressure, which can be fairly common in us middle aged dudes. 

I believe chocolate or coco products are a trigger for a lot of people.

MRI brain scans are normally done without contrast as Radiologists are very reluctant to use the injected contrast as people can have a reaction to it, even though the contrast is much more revealing but a standard MRI should show up something obvious.

Nah mate, I saw my optometrist yesterday. Getting a step up prescription but in terms of focusing, my eyesight is fine. I was even getting them when we went away on holiday not as frequent though, just one in a week. I reckon it either stress or anxiety related.

If I recall correctly, you are up to 3 kids now?  Well, here you go, probably #1 cause of migraine headaches
wink.gif
  Feel better, bratva!

May 25, 2016 at 9:20 AM Post #17,582 of 20,136
  Hey guys!

Just wanted to say sorry that I have been MIA for a while now. I've been dealing with chronic migraines, which you could only imagine how much it affects me with my Head-Fi hobby. Unfortunately, I can only listen to treble-less gear and only for short periods. It's been affecting me in all aspects of my life and I've decided to take this hobby a bit of a break until it's cured. I'm still reachable via PM and Facebook, however I will not be visiting HF threads regularly as it only saddens me more that I cannot contribute at all. 

I do have a few pieces of gear on hand to review, but cannot because of this. I will have to try and complete them at a snails pace. 

Hope everyone hear all the best, and fingers cross it doesn't take to long before I'm back in action. I do miss you guys.

Peace!

beerchug.gif

Hate to hear about your migraines Deej, hope they find what's causing them and can get it under control.

Cheers on a speedy recovery
beerchug.gif

May 25, 2016 at 9:44 AM Post #17,584 of 20,136
Thanks guys!

Sorry DJ, but now you need to change your name and lose the DJ bit, unless you wish to play music for the Bat population that no human can hear including yourself.

On second thoughts how about DJ-Bat? 
blink.gif

May 25, 2016 at 2:33 PM Post #17,585 of 20,136
  Hey guys!

Just wanted to say sorry that I have been MIA for a while now. I've been dealing with chronic migraines, which you could only imagine how much it affects me with my Head-Fi hobby. Unfortunately, I can only listen to treble-less gear and only for short periods. It's been affecting me in all aspects of my life and I've decided to take this hobby a bit of a break until it's cured. I'm still reachable via PM and Facebook, however I will not be visiting HF threads regularly as it only saddens me more that I cannot contribute at all. 

I do have a few pieces of gear on hand to review, but cannot because of this. I will have to try and complete them at a snails pace. 

Hope everyone hear all the best, and fingers cross it doesn't take to long before I'm back in action. I do miss you guys.

Peace!

beerchug.gif

Harsh! I'm prone to chronic headaches myself, so I definitely feel your pain. Hoping for the best…

May 27, 2016 at 1:02 AM Post #17,586 of 20,136

No idea mate. I've been getting them for around 6 months now and they're only getting worse. I'm getting an MRI on Friday, maybe it'll show something. Medication doesn't get rid of them completely, so I'm not in a good way at this stage.

Sorry to hear that Igor, I hope that the MRI sheds some light on whats going on. Have you consulted with a family doc for extended medication regiment? Beyond painkillers I mean? Certain types of meds can stave off migraine attacks.

Regardless good luck for friday and knock on wood my friend. 

May 27, 2016 at 1:03 AM Post #17,587 of 20,136
Guys check this out http://www.head-fi.org/t/807690/lan-tabletop-hi-fi-console-on-kickstarter#post_12609831

Not really into speakers but since Vince got me looking into ELAC speakers been looking more into the field. These look really nice, I am a huge sucker for vintage looking gear. worth a check. The dudes behind the project are legit audio geniuses. 

May 27, 2016 at 10:56 AM Post #17,588 of 20,136
  Guys check this out http://www.head-fi.org/t/807690/lan-tabletop-hi-fi-console-on-kickstarter#post_12609831

Not really into speakers but since Vince got me looking into ELAC speakers been looking more into the field. These look really nice, I am a huge sucker for vintage looking gear. worth a check. The dudes behind the project are legit audio geniuses. 

these really look nice. i am considering it already
tongue.gif

May 27, 2016 at 11:03 AM Post #17,589 of 20,136

these really look nice. i am considering it already
tongue.gif

It is a beautiful piece but I need it like I need another hole in my head!

beerchug.gif

May 27, 2016 at 12:26 PM Post #17,593 of 20,136

Tim that is one heck of a set up. Looks the speakers will go nicely with it :p

It is nice and reminds me very much of the old Grundig short wave stereo's from the 60's but I've really got all the home gear I will ever need. This is my main rig and how it was set up in our sun room at our old home, I now get the entire attic at our new place and I have two complete rigs setup in it, one is tube power on horns for my live stuff and then this rig with the solid state BAT and Nautilus 804's for studio and non live recordings
wink_face.gif
Have a great weekend Tamal
beerchug.gif

From my listening position of course the big CRT on the floor is gone in favor of the LED that now hangs from the ceiling
biggrin.gif

May 27, 2016 at 12:59 PM Post #17,595 of 20,136

It is nice and reminds me very much of the old Grundig short wave stereo's from the 60's but I've really got all the home gear I will ever need. This is my main rig and how it was set up in our sun room at our old home, I now get the entire attic at our new place and I have two complete rigs setup in it, one is tube power on horns for my live stuff and then this rig with the solid state BAT and Nautilus 804's for studio and non live recordings
wink_face.gif
Have a great weekend Tamal
beerchug.gif

From my listening position of course the big CRT on the floor is gone in favor of the LED that now hangs from the ceiling
biggrin.gif

Thanks Tim, a great weekend to you as well. I gotta say that is one heck of a listening room :)  Looks so cozy, I could probably spend all day in there! LED TV is a nice upgrade as well. I need to start getting into speakers and receivers. I have next to little knowledge in this area so will have to start from scratch haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back