"The Lab"
May 22, 2016 at 11:20 PM Post #17,566 of 20,136
New Colorfly? Wondering if FW is anywhere as immature as the L&P DAPs...

was browsing penon audio and came across it. very tempted.
rolleyes.gif

May 22, 2016 at 11:44 PM Post #17,567 of 20,136
May 23, 2016 at 7:20 AM Post #17,569 of 20,136
New Colorfly? Wondering if FW is anywhere as immature as the L&P DAPs...

Looks like the C10 - if that's the case, it's been out for a while (I think last year). In terms of the colorfly lineup I think they're between C3 C200 and C4. I think some people's already reviewed it, but it looks very nice for sure.

Except I already bought another DAP this month... 
mad.gif

May 24, 2016 at 12:08 PM Post #17,570 of 20,136
Just going to drop this post here because it's populated with many regulars who can let anyone required know. (if asked)

This weekend I'm moving into a new house and we need to relocate our internet connection. The current connection is being switched off on the 31st then, then I'll vanish into darkness for about 2-weeks while they switch over the connection. (yes, it's not instant)

Just so you know when I vanish into thin air. Will have phone credit/data hopefully for little things.

May 24, 2016 at 12:15 PM Post #17,571 of 20,136
Just going to drop this post here because it's populated with many regulars who can let anyone required know. (if asked)

This weekend I'm moving into a new house and we need to relocate our internet connection. The current connection is being switched off on the 31st then, then I'll vanish into darkness for about 2-weeks while they switch over the connection. (yes, it's not instant)

Just so you know when I vanish into thin air. Will have phone credit/data hopefully for little things.
will be missing out on your comments!grats on your new house mate :)

May 25, 2016 at 12:39 AM Post #17,574 of 20,136
Hey guys!

Just wanted to say sorry that I have been MIA for a while now. I've been dealing with chronic migraines, which you could only imagine how much it affects me with my Head-Fi hobby. Unfortunately, I can only listen to treble-less gear and only for short periods. It's been affecting me in all aspects of my life and I've decided to take this hobby a bit of a break until it's cured. I'm still reachable via PM and Facebook, however I will not be visiting HF threads regularly as it only saddens me more that I cannot contribute at all. 

I do have a few pieces of gear on hand to review, but cannot because of this. I will have to try and complete them at a snails pace. 

Hope everyone hear all the best, and fingers cross it doesn't take to long before I'm back in action. I do miss you guys.

Peace!

beerchug.gif

May 25, 2016 at 6:57 AM Post #17,575 of 20,136
  Hey guys!

Just wanted to say sorry that I have been MIA for a while now. I've been dealing with chronic migraines, which you could only imagine how much it affects me with my Head-Fi hobby. Unfortunately, I can only listen to treble-less gear and only for short periods. It's been affecting me in all aspects of my life and I've decided to take this hobby a bit of a break until it's cured. I'm still reachable via PM and Facebook, however I will not be visiting HF threads regularly as it only saddens me more that I cannot contribute at all. 

I do have a few pieces of gear on hand to review, but cannot because of this. I will have to try and complete them at a snails pace. 

Hope everyone hear all the best, and fingers cross it doesn't take to long before I'm back in action. I do miss you guys.

Peace!

beerchug.gif

Get well soon, @DJScope! I can't imagine how horrible it would be to have a migraine bothering you every moment... 

May 25, 2016 at 7:15 AM Post #17,576 of 20,136

Get well soon, @DJScope! I can't imagine how horrible it would be to have a migraine bothering you every moment... 

+ 1!

Sorry to hear that DJ, do you have any idea what the triggers are, e.g. certain color light frequencies or certain foods you may be intolerant to?

May 25, 2016 at 8:06 AM Post #17,577 of 20,136
  + 1!

Sorry to hear that DJ, do you have any idea what the triggers are, e.g. certain color light frequencies or certain foods you may be intolerant to?

No idea mate. I've been getting them for around 6 months now and they're only getting worse. I'm getting an MRI on Friday, maybe it'll show something. Medication doesn't get rid of them completely, so I'm not in a good way at this stage.

May 25, 2016 at 8:09 AM Post #17,578 of 20,136
  Hey guys!

Peace!

beerchug.gif

That's harsh man. Hopefully you get that figured out soon and that it's not anything serious.

Last year my company decided to swap out our crappy 4:3 monitors with wide screen monitors. Was excited until I tried them. Genius IT team didn't load a resolution (and still haven't) that actually matched the screen size and was causing minor migraines and eye issues because the image was fuzzy and stretched (not good when you stare at a screen all day). Eventually (last month) I convinced them to give me one of the old monitors back and what do you know? No more headaches or eye problems...

Hope to see you back in the forums soon man!

May 25, 2016 at 8:30 AM Post #17,579 of 20,136

No idea mate. I've been getting them for around 6 months now and they're only getting worse. I'm getting an MRI on Friday, maybe it'll show something. Medication doesn't get rid of them completely, so I'm not in a good way at this stage.

I was thinking along the same lines as B9Scrambler, in addition I wonder if there are any filters you could get to put over your work PC screen.

I also have heard of Occupational glasses (from Opticians)  that might help in your case to relieve eyestrain if you are on a PC all day - like a lot of us.

Have you had your eyes checked as it should be done every 2 years which also checks for Glaucoma due to increased eye pressure, which can be fairly common in us middle aged dudes. 

I believe chocolate or coco products are a trigger for a lot of people.

MRI brain scans are normally done without contrast as Radiologists are very reluctant to use the injected contrast as people can have a reaction to it, even though the contrast is much more revealing but a standard MRI should show up something obvious.

May 25, 2016 at 8:39 AM Post #17,580 of 20,136
I was thinking along the same lines as B9Scrambler, in addition I wonder if there are any filters you could get to put over your work PC screen.

I also have heard of Occupational glasses (from Opticians)  that might help in your case to relieve eyestrain if you are on a PC all day - like a lot of us.

Have you had your eyes checked as it should be done every 2 years which also checks for Glaucoma due to increased eye pressure, which can be fairly common in us middle aged dudes. 

I believe chocolate or coco products are a trigger for a lot of people.

MRI brain scans are normally done without contrast as Radiologists are very reluctant to use the injected contrast as people can have a reaction to it, even though the contrast is much more revealing but a standard MRI should show up something obvious.

Nah mate, I saw my optometrist yesterday. Getting a step up prescription but in terms of focusing, my eyesight is fine. I was even getting them when we went away on holiday not as frequent though, just one in a week. I reckon it either stress or anxiety related.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back