"The Lab"
May 23, 2015 at 3:02 PM Post #6,796 of 20,136
Unfortunately it was a short review period and I had a lot on the go, so I only tried the stock pads. An interesting listen. I would say vivid almost to a fault in that I spent so much time focused on vividness that I couldn't concentrate on or just enjoy the music.

Vivid? That's the first time I've read the PM-1’s being described as vivid. If anything most people complain about the rolled off treble. Smooth and engaging is the way most descriptions have come in. Interesting indeed. Looks like you had the tuned ear pads on which bring about more treble without the extra felt.

May 23, 2015 at 3:05 PM Post #6,798 of 20,136
Vivid? That's the first time I've read the PM-1’s being described as vivid. If anything most people complain about the rolled off treble. Smooth and engaging is the way most descriptions have come in. Interesting indeed. Looks like you had the tuned ear pads on which bring about more treble without the extra felt.

I forget. Have you tried PM-3 yet RELIC?

They've got some nice midrange but are also rolled off on either end. Easy to listen to but not as technically capable as I'd expect for the price. I should have PM-2 to try sometime soon...

May 23, 2015 at 3:08 PM Post #6,799 of 20,136
Yup...Me do that with 3M Ear plugs ....it's fun and cheap
Bit pricey for 10$ per pair...no...never tried them before
Me know bout your G's collection...mighty impressive one too...Kekekekekekeke

It is a little pricey, but worth it in my opinion. It makes me not want to use any other sizes-fit-all tip, so in my opinion, it's well worth the cost. One pair for each IEM I own is all that I need. I purchased other sizes in case friends or Head-Fiers that I let audition my IEMs need larger sizes (I use the small size). The medium is a safe size, and the large size is great for those with larger ears, but you want the deepest seal with regards to IEMs, so that's why I use the small size - so I can have the closest to a CIEM feeling, in a great sizes-fit-all tip.

Thanks regarding the G collection. Your collection of watches is staggering, my friend!

Same price dopaminer sells them for IIRC.

Yeah, that's a crap shoot. Sometimes I get the full suite of edit buttons above the text box. Sometimes I get nuttin'...

Maybe currently, but when I purchased them from Dopaminer before, the cost was higher. EarWerkz ships from the States, so anyone in the same country (possibly otherwise) will get the tips faster than from Dopaminer's, which is shipped from Japan.

Regarding the YouTube video embedding, yeah, there are a lot of tasks that are a crap shoot. Even to reply to messages may time out on me, or pictures have to be rotated again and again to "stick" whenever I post certain pictures.

May 23, 2015 at 3:12 PM Post #6,802 of 20,136
Aww, meng...

That was so damn easy. All you have to do is use "video" in [] as a tag and then close it with "/video" in []. No need to go into desktop mode. Woohoo!!!

Glad you figured it out! Yeah, I use the manual input method for certain tasks on my mobile, like adding smilies, or increasing the size of iPhone-posted photo(s), since the mobile version does not have a way to change the size of the uploading photo(s) by default.

May 23, 2015 at 3:14 PM Post #6,803 of 20,136
It is a little pricey, but worth it in my opinion. It makes me not want to use any other sizes-fit-all tip, so in my opinion, it's well worth the cost. One pair for each IEM I own is all that I need. I purchased other sizes in case friends or Head-Fiers that I let audition my IEMs need larger sizes (I use the small size). The medium is a safe size, and the large size is great for those with larger ears, but you want the deepest deal with regards to IEMs, so that's why I use the small size - so I can have the closest to a CIEM feeling, in a great sizes-fit-all tip.

Maybe currently, but when I purchased them from Dopaminer before, the cost was higher. EarWerkz ships from the States, so anyone in the same country (possibly otherwise) will get the tips faster than from Dopaminer's, which is shipped from Japan.

Regarding the YouTube video embedding, yeah, there are a lot of tasks that are a crap shoot. Even to reply to messages may time out on me, or pictures have to be rotated again and again to "stick" whenever I post certain pictures.

Good point. I'll have to try the small.

Most of the rich text editing buttons are just shortcuts for tags. Once I figure out the tags, I just set up text shortcuts on my phone so I can just tap a couple times for the feature and don't have to leave the mobe interface, which is much much nicer IMHO.

May 23, 2015 at 3:16 PM Post #6,805 of 20,136
Good point. I'll have to try the small.

Most of the rich text editing buttons are just shortcuts for tags. Once I figure out the tags, I just set up text shortcuts on my phone so I can just tap a couple times for the feature and don't have to leave the mobe interface, which is much much nicer IMHO.

Exactly. GIF uploading/posting via mobile interface on my iPhone 6 is not the most user-friendly, that's for certain.

May 23, 2015 at 3:18 PM Post #6,807 of 20,136
May 23, 2015 at 3:20 PM Post #6,808 of 20,136
Just figuring it out Wokei :wink_face:

I don't know how many people here would really like most of the stuff I listen to anyway - pretty outside the mainstream...

Just messin with yer...sorry

Here at the Lab...we don't discriminate and don't judge....at least for me that's the case...we are Labsters

May 23, 2015 at 3:21 PM Post #6,809 of 20,136
I forget. Have you tried PM-3 yet RELIC?

They've got some nice midrange but are also rolled off on either end. Easy to listen to but not as technically capable as I'd expect for the price. I should have PM-2 to try sometime soon...

No. I actually haven't tried either. I've only read through every post of the PM-1/2 threads while I was considering them for purchase. Lots of comparisons to the Audeze line so I think I've got a good understanding of where they sit, but again, no direct listen. I may just pick up a pair but I need another planar like I need the new Cavalli Liquid Gold (which I'm strongly considering).

Im in a tough place because the wife said go spend some money with our quite large tax refund. Hugo, Liquid Carbon, X5 II, X7........ They're all on the table right now. I can't get them all, but knowing I can one or two pieces in the list has me drooling and I'm having a VERY hard time choosing. Also waiting to demo the X5 II and want to demo the ALO Rx, or might just get the e12A to whet my appetite for now. Hmmmmmmmmmm.............

Users who are viewing this thread

Back