"The Lab"
May 21, 2015 at 6:08 PM Post #6,406 of 20,136
  Surprised I haven't seen this thread before. Subbed.

Yes, the ED9 and ATE are awesome bargains for $10 each. Ditch the ATE memory foam tips though, they kill treble detail significantly.

Ey, you're the one who started everything on the chinese thread 
beerchug.gif

Hahaha it's too embarrassing.

Two 5 drawer rubbermaid stands filled to capacity, plus a large brown box, plus anything visible on display on stands.

Despite all of that, only the AKG 7XX, Dunu Titan 1, and these new KZs get any play time. It's just wrong. lol. Only the strong survive.

Just one pic 
rolleyes.gif

May 21, 2015 at 6:36 PM Post #6,411 of 20,136

Great impressions Paul!  When you're writing full review, if you get a chance please compare it to A83 and Altone 200.  Of course I realize we all hear things differently, so relative comparison will be helpful :wink:

No problems Alex - I'm also hoping (if they arrive in time) to compare with the original DN-2000 and DN-1000.

May 21, 2015 at 6:43 PM Post #6,412 of 20,136

No problems Alex - I'm also hoping (if they arrive in time) to compare with the original DN-2000 and DN-1000.

smily_headphones1.gif
Brooko make sure to include the Titan too, which we all know and love...

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

May 21, 2015 at 7:10 PM Post #6,414 of 20,136
The thing about all this stuff is that the technology is rapidly advancing on in-ear monitors. It's getting to the point that we are now seeing models that sound as good as full size cans. It's like every month the next big thing is arriving.

Fidue is the bomb. They know how to design and tune an IEM based on everything I've heard.

The real question is(for me) how is the fit compared to like the A83(haven't tried) or Havi B3? Or like the A71? Generally that design is super uncomfortable and/or doesn't fit me.

May 21, 2015 at 7:13 PM Post #6,415 of 20,136
If I only had $10 to spend-ed9

If I only had 25 to spend-ed9 + ATE

If I had 50 to spend- ed9 + ATE + piston 3.0 (or T1E)

If I had 75 to spend- mkll m-1 (epic sound) or the Fidue A65 or Havi b3 pro1 + ed9 lol

If I had 100 to spend- Titan

If I had 125 to spend- Titan + ed9 + ATE lol

If I had 150 to spend- Fidue A73 (no doubt about it)

Can you give some impressions of the mkll m-1 and A65 when or if you get the chance? How do they compare to something like the T1-E or Duoza?

Thanks buddy,
Alex

May 21, 2015 at 7:38 PM Post #6,417 of 20,136
Yeah it still surprises me to this day. No matter what I end up getting, I always appreciate the Havi more and more because it is so unique and I haven't heard quite anything like it yet! 

Especially with the Spiral Dots.. And then the Havi really sings.. Like the little mermaid finding her voice back.

May 21, 2015 at 7:46 PM Post #6,418 of 20,136
My new mantra for when I'm tempted:

At least the a73 is pricey enough not to be an impulse purchase for me

LOL oddly enough that mantra sounds exactly the same as the one playing in my head. Until I read about you guys and the little Kz ones a while back... So the ED9 and the ATE are like what, $20 together?

May 21, 2015 at 7:55 PM Post #6,419 of 20,136
The real question is(for me) how is the fit compared to like the A83(haven't tried) or Havi B3? Or like the A71? Generally that design is super uncomfortable and/or doesn't fit me.

It fits like the VSD3 series but a little smaller housing that is more comfortable.

I'm A-Bing the A83 and A73, I feel really spoiled right now.

A83 has more textured bass and midrange, and the dual BA give a more dynamic performance as well. A83 is more textured in general. The cable is more heavy duty and detachable. The memory wire was a PITA before the mod, but modded and using ear guides makes wearing them easier. Bass can be slightly boomier at times, but also provides superior sound stage depth.

The A73 stock fit is superior. The housings fit in my ear better than the A83. The sound is more linear, towards neutral and smooth, but with better micro details than the A83. This is the "audiophile version". Bass is tighter and never gets boomy. Vocals have a warm tilt and the treble is beautiful. To be honest of the two tunings, this A73 is probably the one I could enjoy longer and with more music genres. It's a very wide, open and airy presence. Imaging is awesome.

I never listened to the CKR9 and CKR10, but based on the way owners describe them, The A73 would be more CKR9-ish, and A83 would be more CKR10-ish

May 21, 2015 at 7:59 PM Post #6,420 of 20,136
Hisoundfi you need to hear the CKR10 I use it atleast 3 days a week at work. Some peopl preffer the CKR9 i never heard it before but there is something about the 10 that its addictive and just makes your music more lively. It has to be my favorite iem out of anything I have every demoed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back