1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

"The Lab"

1. Hisoundfi Contributor
    20160529_224954_HDR.jpg
    LZ-A2S on the left, LZ-A2 on the right

2. nmatheis Contributor

Thanks, Vince!

Does your software allow you to overlay the two FR graphs and normalize at 1kHz? That would make it easier to see any small differences that arose across the FR graph.

And can you snap a pic of the two earpieces side by side?

Got these in my cart at AE...

3. RedJohn456
    This Looks interesting :)

http://www.head-fi.org/t/809877/electro-magnetic-amplifier-co-535se-headphone-amplifier-preamplifier

4. nmatheis Contributor
    Yes it does, doesn't it :wink:

5. RedJohn456

Are you near their HQ? If so, give it a listen and let us know how it sounds :wink:

edit: nermind just checked the location lol 

6. Joe Bloggs Contributor
    535SEFront.jpg
    535SERear.jpg

So... this uses a transformer as the input rather than output and this is supposed to be a more suitable role for these transformers than they have been hitherto put to? And the whole thing achieves 0.05% THD and an ideal distortion harmonic distribution using a zero-feedback circuit so simple that even I can almost build? :D

Looks like this could an analogue audiophile's dream amp even without tubes.

Somebody has certainly been thinking out of the box! Let's hope that the product lives up to the design expectations! :L3000:

liamstrain likes this.
  7. Mr Trev
    Damn, that's a pretty piece of gear

8. Podster

I like the simplicity of it, reminds me of Juicy Music gears[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. RedJohn456
    Guys what are some options for me if I am looking to buy a tube amplifier for <$200 CDN? Not a hybrid amp but like a tube tube knawamsayin?

Thanks in advance :)  

10. nmatheis Contributor
    Aww meng, I just had alpha421 at Triton Audio Cables retermimate my VE Zen 1.0 & 2.0 and Campfire Audio Orion & Nova cables for balanced output. Can't wait to get them back!

11. RedJohn456

Oh no you didnt! Thats awesome. What are u planning to run them out of? :D 

12. nmatheis Contributor

Aww yeah, baby! Cayin N6 and L&P L3 both have 2.5mm balanced out :)

13. nmatheis Contributor
    VEZen1balanced.jpg

VEZen2balanced.jpg

http://www.head-fi.org/content/type/61/id/1645094/[/img{

[attach=full]1645093[/attach]

14. RedJohn456

I have mine terminated in the sony style, with which I use adapters. Your design looks more strudy and more pleasing to the eye haha. I might do the same with my Zen 1 :)

15. nmatheis Contributor
    Looks like David (alpha421) did some nice work for me!

Helps that I bribed him by letting him use borrow my Cayin N5, which he fell in love with and has now purchased :wink: