1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

"The Lab"

1. esm87
    That's a really awesome looking dap! Would look awesome with the vibro Aria. What is it called?

audio123 likes this.
  2. audio123

it is called Explorer X1 by Echobox.
    It already has a complement to it in Finder X1
    [​IMG]

Thks to @Gilly87 and the team for these good stuffs

3. esm87
    super cool! Wonder how that sounds

4. audio123

finder x1 sounds like a mini ie800
    explorer x1 due to my short auditioning, I cant comment much but is on par with the likes of fiio x5ii

5. mochill
    Best slight V-shaped iem i have heard to date ☺

6. audio123
    [​IMG]
    My all time favourite iem

7. mochill
    fibass

8. HiFiChris Contributor
    IMG_1368-3_1.jpg
     ​
     ​
    I can't help myself but I really love how that composition/picture turned out, so I cannot resist and must post it here. [​IMG]

IMG_1368-2.jpg

IMG_1369-2.jpg

Yep, all is legal and what one is actually seeing are old, polished blank ammo shell casings and wheat flour to create that "Breaking Bad theme" atmosphere.

twister6 likes this.
  9. twister6 Contributor
    @HiFiChris : shouldn't you use a blue stuff to stick with BB theme? [​IMG]

Btw, congrats on Contributor status!!! [​IMG]

Hisoundfi likes this.
  10. HiFiChris Contributor

Unfortunately I don't have any blue crystals or blue stuff around (except for IEMs and headphones), else I'd have made a second composition (that Breaking Bad idea just came into my mind when I imported the pics and already made two edits (one regular and one with vignette), before that it was just planned as a "boring" composition of an "audio rig with pretended drugs and blank ammo shell casings" as seen in the "making of" spoiler). [​IMG]

I've also got a few more compositions, especially made for @masterpfa in the Finder X1 thread. [​IMG]

"Precision":
    IMG_1370-3.jpg

"Gotta Catch 'Em All":
    IMG_1371-2.jpg

"These go to 11":
    IMG_1372-2.jpg

Many thanks! [​IMG] [​IMG] 

11. Hisoundfi Contributor
    I love these things.

20160411_110812.jpg

http://www.head-fi.org/products/mee-audio-pinnacle-p1-high-fidelity-audiophile-in-ear-headphones-with-detachable-cables/reviews/15741

Enjoy!

12. audio123
    What component of sound do you guys think will affect whether it is the top sound

13. HiFiChris Contributor
    I cannot deny at all that I thoroughly love the Fidue A83 (actually its OEM version for UPQ, the Q-music QE80), and totally see why others love it as well. During my critical listening phase, it even happened quite often that I was just sucked into the music and totally forgot to take notes or compare it.

Reviewed here: http://www.head-fi.org/products/upq-q-music-qe80/reviews/15744

IMG_1226.jpg IMG_1233.jpg

Though it is not the technically best compared to the DN-2000J and FLC8s, I personally find it the overall most harmonious and a heck of fun.

FLC8s: extreme versatility, excellent midrange, bass speed and separation
    DN-2000J: the most "magical" with fast yet tactile bass and a really good soundstage
    PRIMACY: the smoothest and most easygoing, with a quick bass response
    A83/QE80: extremely enjoyable, v-shaped with bright yet very even treble

leobigfield likes this.
  14. audio123

personally i go for mid range only so flc8s hehe

15. HiFiChris Contributor

Yep, I was very surprised that the FLC8s is even very slightly more detailed in the mids than my UERM - it's the first time for me a cheaper IEM has surpassed the UE's midrange resolution. Treble and bass refinement definitely go to the UE though.