1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

"The Lab"

1. nmatheis Contributor

Did you get one? I've been listening to M5 on and off and love it. Shanling M2 sounded great. M5 sounds so much better.

2. audio123

thinking mate hehe

3. nmatheis Contributor

Does Teo have an M5 in to listen to? That would be great for you guys in Singapore. Will be getting a DX80 in for the Portland meet on Monday. We'll see how that compares.

4. audio123

Nope unfortunately haha

5. nmatheis Contributor

So you haven't gotten to listen yet? Go tell Teo to get one out for people to listen to. They'll sell!

audio123 likes this.
  6. esm87
    Sorry if this is off topic guys, im wanting to buy a laptop purely to load music albums on and then convert them to FLAC files to put onto my phone, so I have high quality audio files.

Isit purely a case of the cheapest laptop will do as long as it has a disc drive?

Cheers and sorry for being off topic. Im in the uk and have seen a laptop in pcworld for £120

7. audio123
    [​IMG]

This is going to be a revelation, featuring
    TEXAS INSTRUMENTS BURR BROWN PCM 1792 - 24/192K CAPABLE, ALL PCM FORMATS; ***NATIVE DSD SUPPORT

8. x RELIC x Contributor

Same DAC and features as the FiiO X5ii, but now you can pretend to drink from it. :rolleyes:

Streaming is a nice addition though.

9. audio123

yeap but the SQ is more superior to the X5II. Its a contender for best mid-tier dap!

10. HiFiChris Contributor
    @audio123

Have you pre-ordered one as well? 

audio123 likes this.
  11. x RELIC x Contributor

I was having fun. Have you heard it? Compared it to the X5ii? Any report on the actual sound differences?

:beerchug:

12. audio123
    [​IMG]

I have heard it during canjam. The soundstage is wider and it is more musical whilst not compromising on the technical performance.

Sidetrack a little, their finder x1 is a good debut. Looking forward to finder x2

13. x RELIC x Contributor

Interesting. I'll wait for reviews that are volume matched outside of show conditions with a direct comparison before coming to any conclusions. No disrespect intended, but I'll take meet impressions with a grain of salt. Looks like an interesting unit for sure though.

Plus, I've found that a soundstage that is wider is not necessarily a better sound. :)

:beerchug:

twister6 likes this.
  14. audio123

sound is subjective.

15. audio123
    [​IMG]

Came across this iem: MyST Nail 2
    Anyone tried it before? [​IMG]