The Koss UR40 appreciation thread
Aug 3, 2009 at 1:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

salannelson

1000+ Head-Fier
Just picked up a pair of these today. Wow these are comfortable and sound great for a sub 50 headphone. Anyone else like these things? I never really hear about them on here.

I immediately took the foam out of the cups and used that to angle the drivers. They sound really fun and bright and the soundstage is good. I was impressed. The only thing that I dislike is the thin, short cable. Gotta pick up an extention.

Aug 3, 2009 at 5:58 AM Post #2 of 6
KSC-35 > UR-40
tongue.gif

Do you know if they used the same drivers as Koss UR-20's? Those were my first headphones I bought, and I used them till I literally wore out the pads and broke the cable. Wish I had known about Koss' warranty before I threw them out.

Aug 3, 2009 at 6:03 AM Post #3 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by mckickflip /img/forum/go_quote.gif
KSC-35 > UR-40
tongue.gif

not everyone prefers the non-titanium drivers....

The only reason that the UR40's are that popular is because they are only marginally better than the KSC-75's, which are much cheaper.

Sep 21, 2009 at 11:00 PM Post #4 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by salannelson /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just picked up a pair of these today. Wow these are comfortable and sound great for a sub 50 headphone. Anyone else like these things? I never really hear about them on here.

I immediately took the foam out of the cups and used that to angle the drivers. They sound really fun and bright and the soundstage is good. I was impressed. The only thing that I dislike is the thin, short cable. Gotta pick up an extention.

I love mine. Glad you like the mod! Too bad I lost my foam in one of my moves. They're still great!

Quote:

Originally Posted by mckickflip /img/forum/go_quote.gif
KSC-35 > UR-40
tongue.gif

I own the KSC-35's, KSC-75's and UR-40's and the only ones I ever use are the UR-40, but that's mostly because I hate the earclip style.

Nov 12, 2010 at 10:25 PM Post #5 of 6
just got these... i know i'm a little late to the party.

i'm just showin some Koss love!

Nov 13, 2010 at 12:36 AM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by mckickflip/img/forum/go_quote.gif
KSC-35 > UR-40
tongue.gif

not everyone prefers the non-titanium drivers....

The only reason that the UR40's are that popular is because they are only marginally better than the KSC-75's, which are much cheaper.

Ironically, I think the KSC75 is about 2947949273 times better than the UR40 soundwise. It's not even a competition, The UR40 to me has absolutely the boomiest and muddiest bass I have ever heard in any headphone, ever. It was a headache inducing bass that literally sounded like you were on the other side of a wall next to a nightclub. It was a terrible experience for me, and I tried two different UR40s...

Hey I'm not here to hate on them, I'm here to defend the brilliance that is the KSC75, and how it shouldn't be compared to the UR40...ever. The UR40 keeps being stated that it has KSC75 drivers, which I believe is wrong, as people have found them to have drivers from another Koss clip-on. KSC35? I dunno. All I know is that the KSC75 sounds nothing like the UR40.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back