1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

The JVC HA-S500 thread.

First

Back
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
Next

Last
  1. bobeau
    Quote:

Personally, I think these look cooler than the vmodas, but perhaps that's because this is a simpler aesthetic that speaks more to my taste.

2. vlenbo
    Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I can back dsnuts on this, even though earphones=/=led monitors, I bought a monitor in ebay from korea that had expedited shipping and I have recieved it within 3-5 days, I would wait until 1-2 days to check the tracking number since the estimated delivery time is what it is, an estimate. It doesn't mean it'll go late or early as it can factor through a lot of things.

3. bowei006 Contributor
    I'm selling a few things right now. I should have enough for it! :) But only if I buy locally in country. I'll wait for these to show up to the U.S... :/

Or buy a used one from one of you guys :/

4. Dsnuts Contributor
    Quote:
    That is a good plan. There is always some one that will sell their headphone for whatever reason. Though I will tell you I will not part with my pair.. I think these are the very first portables to give me an eargasm.

The M-80s came close but these actually did it for me..

5. bowei006 Contributor
    Quote:
    I just had one. Got some new EDM and Jpop electronica... and cycled it through my cans. Along with some speakers. 

I actually have a huge ..or good size headphone budget. I just am debating on using it for a new pc or headphones summit fi :/

I have a lot of useless stuff...so I don't really mind. A new and then used can along with some other stuff I had that I wanted to sell :/ So it's more or less. Recycling I guess. I hope to hear back from Kiteki and if all goes well. This thread will get pandacus seal of eargasm! Although I have been let down with some lackluster stuff recently. :/

6. brrgrr

+1, vmoda's have too many details for my tastes.
    I'll have to order some of these and put them up against my HD25's in the near future.

7. Dsnuts Contributor
    Quote:

Yes and perhaps you can contribute by seeing if your HD25 pads can fit on these. If so I will order me a pair of the velour pads I posted earlier.. I have a feeling those should fit perfectly but I would hate to order them pads and have to return them because they don't fit. I am interested to hear what velour pads will bring to the sound on these. I think eventually one way or another we will find out of those velour pads will fit these HA-S500.

8. kalbee
    Hm... any pad measurements Dsnuts? These seem to be marketed as full-sized & foldable on at least one Japanese site.
    Then again they also categorized K518DJ as the same...

9. Dsnuts Contributor
    Ya let me see if I can get a ruler or something and measure the diameter. Ok so they are approximately 2 3/4inch wide. The AKGs being around 3 inches in diameter. So these cups are a smidge smaller even for on ears. This was the reason why my Pioneer Se-Mj5 velour pads ended up being a bit too big for the cups.

10. kalbee
    Thanks for the clarification!
    Seems to be the exact size as my ATH-SJ5, which is not much of a 'phone in terms of SQ.
    Would totally buy one of these if I was able to sell some of my collection...!!

Seems you had some HA-M750 also; hows the bass quantity compared to those? The HA-M750 has too much bass for me nowadays, so if the S500 has less, it's a good start.

11. gelocks
    So... nutman... I hate you! LOL! 
    (you and your hype train!!!!! :p)

How do these compare to the oldies but lovely Panny HTF600s?

12. veyrongatti
    how does this compare to the HM3s? 

13. Dsnuts Contributor
    Quote:
    A/Bing against the HA-M750. I can clearly tell the superior tuning on the HA-S500. The better resolution on the drivers. Now the bass is strong on the HA-S500 but where they differ from the older HA-M750 is the rest of the sound. The HA-M750 bass is so strong it does have some mid bass hump. It warms out the overall sound a bit and lacks some clarity because of this. Not the case for the HA-S500. I would say sub bass wise it is a bit less than the HA-M750 but not by much. But to me strong sub bass is ok it is the rest of the sound I am more concerned with. If you want less bass I would look into a M-80. Will be more to your liking. Much more neutral in that respect. I also got a tip on these portables. Neutral and perhaps less bassy all around.
    41gtwlWPBFL._SL500_AA300_.jpg $100 Noontec Zoro. I got a PM from BBlord about these. These are getting rave reviews even though they look like beats..Might be worth checking out.  Steve Guttenburg says these are more neutral and pic off more detail than the M-80. So does the HA-S500 so it seem we are seeing more advances in sound for your cash.

The tuning on the HA-S500 are superior and has much better control, clarity, imagery, dynamics over the older HA-M750. The HA-S500 are like a newer more refined version of the HA-M750. This is a fine example of the advancements for JVC. The older HA-M750 lean more toward a bassy sound yet don't have the technicalities to pull off the sound right which results in the warmed over veilish sound..The HA-S500 corrects this issue resulting in one of the best musical sounds I have heard not only not lacking in any part of the sound but excelling at it.

Quote:

Don't know if your ok with on ears but these throw out a full sized sound for certain. These have imagery and clarity on all parts of the sound over the HTF600. The HTF600 was and still is one of the best for the cash but these for being a bit more not only have a better build but the sound is one of the best I have heard for anything under $100 I have ever heard. And bass wise. The bass on these actually are stronger than the HTF600 and reaches deeper. Very high quality bass on these headphones.

Quote:

Sorry never had the HM3s. I am sure in due time one of the guys that get these will chime in with your answer..Another great budget headphone. Would be interesting to read up on an A/B against these HA-S500.

14. sfwalcer
    Quote:

Quote:

Maybe someone with a kind soul should post a link and give them a heads up on these JVC S500s in that V-Moda 100 thread. [​IMG] 

On a serious note, am really looking forward to see how these cheapo JVCs stack against the upcoming $300 V-Moda 100s. Would not be surprised if this nanotube tech is superior tbh. 

15. Dsnuts Contributor
    The V-moda camp is serious about their sound. I don't know if these will be able to hang with a $300 newly developed V-100, they do hang and in many cases beat the M-80s but if I know Val and the guys a V-moda. He has been rubbing elbows with the best in the industry so it wouldn't surprise me if the new M-100 are going to be exceptional. I will get one and find out myself.

But for now for the cash these HA-S500 are fantastic. Highly recommended.

First

Back
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
Next

Last