The JVC FX850..Woodie perfection?. (A review)
Jul 24, 2016 at 11:57 PM Post #3,436 of 3,535
I am currently using the FX850 with the Shanling M2 on a daily basis, the sound is very fun and intimate in overall. I mainly use the Spinfit which adjust the sound to match with my taste (slightly tighten the bass compares to the stock tips- Spiral Dot). For the new owners you guys can try the modding that partially blocks the back vent to tame the bass (thanks to James444 
beerchug.gif
) which can bring excellent result imo.

I don't have any experience with replacement cable, so which kind of cable should I get ? (silver, cooper...ect) preferably reduces the quantity of bass and improve the quality of the cable since i don't feel like the stock cable would last long 
tongue_smile.gif

Jul 25, 2016 at 9:27 AM Post #3,437 of 3,535
Mainly so I have the stock cable to compare to. Mine shorted out because of the way I stored it. Which cable do you recommend?

tienbasse had good advice - there are so many mmcx options you could just buy based on aesthetics, length, straight or angled plug, etc.   

Like I said, if you want a JVC cable, the FX1100 is really nice - totally different from the 850`s: sleeved, super flexible.  

My specific suggestion is to get one of the Linum mmcx cables.  They are a whole other world of lightness, comfort, quietness, etc.  Well worth the cost, IMO.  

Jul 26, 2016 at 4:04 AM Post #3,438 of 3,535

Mainly so I have the stock cable to compare to. Mine shorted out because of the way I stored it. Which cable do you recommend?

tienbasse had good advice - there are so many mmcx options you could just buy based on aesthetics, length, straight or angled plug, etc.   

Like I said, if you want a JVC cable, the FX1100 is really nice - totally different from the 850`s: sleeved, super flexible.  

My specific suggestion is to get one of the Linum mmcx cables.  They are a whole other world of lightness, comfort, quietness, etc.  Well worth the cost, IMO.  

Where am I able to purchase an FX1100 cable?

And if I go with Linum should I go for the Bax or the Music?

Jul 31, 2016 at 2:33 PM Post #3,439 of 3,535
When walking around wearing the FX850, one hears very low frequency vibrations with every step. This doesn't happen with earbuds.
Is there a custom mold that I could plug the FX850 into, that wouldn't transmit those vibrations?

Aug 1, 2016 at 3:33 AM Post #3,441 of 3,535
It shouldn't afaik. These amazing iems are precisely manufactured in that country.

Aug 1, 2016 at 2:59 PM Post #3,442 of 3,535
  Does anyone know if there are fake 850s out there? I'm thinking about picking these up fulfilled by Amazon from multiple japanese companies. Is this a bad idea?

I just bought a pair last week and that's how I ordered. No problem at all with them. JVC is a Japanese company and I'm pretty sure these earphones are only available in the US as an import from Japan, since there's no official release here

Aug 1, 2016 at 3:14 PM Post #3,443 of 3,535
I just bought a pair last week and that's how I ordered. No problem at all with them. JVC is a Japanese company and I'm pretty sure these earphones are only available in the US as an import from Japan, since there's no official release here

Cool, thanks. How are you liking them. Do you find them comfortable enough for commuting? Are you amping them?

Aug 1, 2016 at 3:58 PM Post #3,444 of 3,535
Cool, thanks. How are you liking them. Do you find them comfortable enough for commuting? Are you amping them?

I'm very happy with them, they sounded great out of the box to me, though I suspect some burn-in will improve them even more from what I've read. Comfort hasn't been an issue for me. They're larger and heavier than I'm used to, but I adjusted pretty easily. I don't use them for commuting though, I only use them at the office. I will say that by the nature of their design they don't offer a lot of sound isolation. I use them directly from my smartphone (LG V10).  

Aug 31, 2016 at 10:07 AM Post #3,446 of 3,535
Hi raybone0566,

What op-amp do you have in your UHA-6S.MKII?

I have a AK100 with UHA4 (OPA209) and want to see if it will be ok to get this FX850 ones.

Thank you

Alex
Alex,
Can't remember off hand. Whichever one comes with the unit is the one I have. Definitely sounds good with the 850's from what I remember. I've mainly using fullsize cans these days

Aug 31, 2016 at 12:50 PM Post #3,447 of 3,535
Alex,
Can't remember off hand. Whichever one comes with the unit is the one I have. Definitely sounds good with the 850's from what I remember. I've mainly using fullsize cans these days

Hi,

It must be then AD8610 instead OP209, I'm using my AK100 with UHA-4 (OP209) with Meze 99 Classics and Westone 4R and I found that the Leckerton amp changes the sound of my Westone 4R and sounds awful, lol. So I want to change IEMs and I'm making a research; with the Meze 99 it sounds amazing, I also tried using the DAC Windows driver from AK100 and UHA-4 and the 4R sounds same, it just sounds amazing when I listen directly from the AK100, I will try with other DACs and find some differences or not.

Thanks Ray

Oct 5, 2016 at 1:47 AM Post #3,448 of 3,535
Anyone know where you can get a replacement stock cable for these? I like the stock cable. It lasted long enough. Just seems they are not readily available...

Oct 5, 2016 at 1:11 PM Post #3,449 of 3,535
Anyone know where you can get a replacement stock cable for these? I like the stock cable. It lasted long enough. Just seems they are not readily available...

Let me know if you figure this out. I haven't been able to find a replacement stock cable. The FX1100 cable might be good too!

Oct 5, 2016 at 5:13 PM Post #3,450 of 3,535

Users who are viewing this thread

Back