The JVC FX850..Woodie perfection?. (A review)
May 11, 2014 at 12:15 AM Post #886 of 3,535
  I highly recommend setting up an account with Tenso.com  Use their address they give you once you set up the account with them on Amazon Japan.

You have to set up an account with Amazon Japan as well... Once both accounts are set up and your shipping address is in place on amazon Japan you are ready to shop..I buy all my Japanese goods this way..Including them tips.

Thanks!  I ordered a box of medium and a box of large.  I traded away my large tips and now I'm wondering if large would have fit me better as medium tips seem to be getting looser.  At first they felt perfect so now I  want  to try large again.   I'll probably sell one of the boxes on ebay or here for which ever one I don't keep.  I've tried UE900 tips, sony hybrids, and they just don't work as well as these tips.  These are probably the best sounding tips I've ever had.  

I think I got tenso and amazon jp setup right.  The large tips are sold out although there's another company selling them.  I can't believe the guy on ebay overcharging by a lot.  That's ebay for you.  

May 11, 2014 at 12:15 AM Post #887 of 3,535
I paid a lot to get them tips so it would be better if they were throw in items if you plan on buying some items group them together for one shipment. But for me I loved how these tips sounded on my other phones so I ordered them as soon as they were released..

May 11, 2014 at 3:03 AM Post #890 of 3,535
I hope I registered on tenso and amazon jp correctly.  amazon.jp keeps saying my payment information is wrong and I've tried 3 different cc cards.  I made sure to choose my correct billing address and the tenso  shipping address. The box of Large tips are sold out, but they still have 10 boxes of Medium tips.

May 11, 2014 at 3:23 AM Post #891 of 3,535
I shall mop up the medium tips n set up shop on eBay....?!?

May 11, 2014 at 3:24 AM Post #892 of 3,535
  I hope I registered on tenso and amazon jp correctly.  amazon.jp keeps saying my payment information is wrong and I've tried 3 different cc cards.  I made sure to choose my correct billing address and the tenso  shipping address. The box of Large tips are sold out, but they still have 10 boxes of Medium tips.

That's the problem. Amazon.jp won't ship to USA. You need to change your address to the Tenso address and ask them to ship there. I ran into the same thing when I ordered.

May 11, 2014 at 3:25 AM Post #893 of 3,535
I shall mop up the medium tips n set up shop on eBay....?!?

sell a hundreds pairs and retire 
tongue.gif

May 11, 2014 at 3:30 AM Post #894 of 3,535
It's odd because on my RE600, the spiral dot did open up the sound a little BUT tamed the bass a bit! If these tips tame the bass, I don' even want to try regular tips on the FX850, could be dangerous!

May 11, 2014 at 3:30 AM Post #895 of 3,535
I think my biggest issue other than doing this for the first time was that my cc and debit cards wasn't accepted.  I then used my paypal debit card and went through.  I'm wondering if the atm and cc cards got rejected from amazon.jp due to them thinking it was someone trying to fraud the system.  I hope it does go through as it looks like it did.  I cancelled the M box as I already have an extra set of M tips and zero L tips.  I've noticed the medium tips seems to have gotten softer with use and always feels like falling out so I want to try the large tips. I've tried other tips and they just don't sound as good.  These tips are great and worth it.  I just hope they last a year with the amount that I use them.  

May 11, 2014 at 3:35 AM Post #896 of 3,535
I've usually used medium tips but the large spiral dot do work better for me with FX850, makes the housings more stable. If they are of good silicone quality, I'd expect them to last at least a couple years. 

May 11, 2014 at 3:43 AM Post #897 of 3,535
I use large most of the time. These things are pretty good quality silicone, if abit thin. But very comfortable for me.

May 11, 2014 at 10:40 AM Post #898 of 3,535
I like the spiral dot tips but are they designed to not seal like other silicon tips? I don't get that suction feeling when I insert them and yet they still manage to create that occlusion effect when using fx850. I find that they basically don't seal at all when using other in ears however.

May 11, 2014 at 12:48 PM Post #899 of 3,535
Hmm I find they give me a very good seal on the FX850s and the 1Plus2 without giving that suction effect you mention. For me that is a plus as putting pressure on the ear canals isn't a plus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back