The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread
Dec 27, 2021 at 1:14 PM Post #19,006 of 22,392
... If that counts I just ordered my 1266tc so even if ken is leaving the house we're somewhat even
(I'm trying to have paradox smile)

Dec 27, 2021 at 1:18 PM Post #19,007 of 22,392
And looks like they just raised prices in europe. Maybe this is the first time I had luck :)

Dec 27, 2021 at 1:25 PM Post #19,008 of 22,392
... If that counts I just ordered my 1266tc so even if ken is leaving the house we're somewhat even
(I'm trying to have paradox smile)
Hate to see him go, love to watch him leave. :grin:

Dec 27, 2021 at 2:01 PM Post #19,012 of 22,392
Dec 27, 2021 at 2:14 PM Post #19,015 of 22,392
Yesterday was the first time my TC had the “sleepy driver”. It was the left side at about 1/2 volume. After turning up the volume for about 15 minutes it balanced out. I hope it doesn’t continue. Really don’t understand why it happens then goes away.
Have you warranty left?
Have you contacted JPS what they said?

Dec 27, 2021 at 3:03 PM Post #19,016 of 22,392
Well Barbie, it’s time to move on. After the couple of months hiatus that I took, I just couldn’t get back into headphones. At the same time I rediscovered my speakers.
200.gif

Dec 27, 2021 at 3:34 PM Post #19,017 of 22,392
Getting ready to order my pair. Could anyone speak to rattling? I was reading that some people have experienced rattling in the bass at certain volume levels. I experienced this as well on my broken pair of 1266's, so I assumed that was all there is to it, but looking back in the thread, I noted a couple of people made mention of an issue like this with their cans as well. Is distortion that can lead to rattling common under high bass scenarios or should I understand this as rare and sign of defect in those cases where it happens?

Also, how has longevity been for those who've had TC's for a few years?

Just want to have the right expectations.

Last edited:
Dec 27, 2021 at 4:06 PM Post #19,018 of 22,392
Getting ready to order my pair. Could anyone speak to rattling? I was reading that some people have experienced rattling in the bass at certain volume levels. I experienced this as well on my broken pair of 1266's, so I assumed that was all there is to it, but looking back in the thread, I noted a couple of people made mention of an issue like this with their cans as well. Is distortion that can lead to rattling common under high bass scenarios or should I understand this as rare and sign of defect in those cases where it happens?

Also, how has longevity been for those who've had TC's for a few years?

Just want to have the right expectations.
It definitely happens and is a defect. I received my TC and both drivers were defective, doing that rattling from time to time, such as with a really resonant cello note (and I don't listen louder than 80 dB). I thought (since this also happens w/my OG 1266) that it was a design flaw and that these hearty-looking cans might actually be rather delicate, but reading enough in these forums convinced me otherwise, so I sent the TC in for repair. They replaced both drivers, and the rattling has not happened since.

But my OG is way out of its warranty period, so I haven't bothered with that one, knowing that they might not have a matching pair of OG drivers still lying around to sell me as replacements.

Some folks on this forum have detected something like a hair stuck into the driver and successfully pulled it out; have a look at that (with the pads off) before you start a repair inquiry, but I definitely wouldn't open a driver yourself. BTW, don't forget to sign up for the extended warranty on their site after you receive your pair. I didn't know about that option with my OG, but had learned the lesson in time to activate it for my TC.

Dec 27, 2021 at 5:19 PM Post #19,020 of 22,392
Have you warranty left?
Have you contacted JPS what they said?
Mine are out of warranty. If it gets worse I will contact them but it just started happening the last two days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back