The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread
Nov 29, 2021 at 2:44 PM Post #18,796 of 22,374
Get a CFA3. It's an absolute steal for how well it performs relative to it's price (which should cost significantly less than 4k). Plus, if you don't like it you can almost certainly flip it at, or very close, to cost here on head-fi. I also found the CFA3 to be highly reactive to whatever you put around it; headphones, cabling, DACs, preamps, etc., so you can likely dial it in to suite your individual preferences.

I'll bite. Why don't you care for the 2A3 tubes?
Too delicate a sound for me. I feel that way about WA33 and the fferings from Eddie Current last and present. On the other hand, thr EC Balancing Act sounded very very good. That was 300B however.

Nov 29, 2021 at 6:35 PM Post #18,798 of 22,374
20211129_152129-01.jpeg

The Meze Elite sounds really good. But just don't listen to it side by side with the 1266 TC Phi..
yes night and day

Nov 29, 2021 at 11:58 PM Post #18,799 of 22,374
I listen to my TC while reclining all the time. But I do have to adjust the headphone every time I move. It is really my only major complaint with the 1266. If I’m just sitting at my desk on the internet, no problem. But if I’m working on paperwork or something, the TC is a no go.
hmmm. this feels like very bad news.

I'd really like to try these somewhere. They recommended going through The Cable Company, but even then that's $250 for the "rental".

I suppose if there's no other choice, that's what I'll do. If for no other reason than peace of mind, knowing that I heard it and made a decision based on what I heard.

Nov 30, 2021 at 12:14 AM Post #18,800 of 22,374
So, a 1266tc arrived earlier this evening on a very generous loan. Looking forward to spending some quality time with this piece, my library and setup.

:)

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2021 at 10:04 AM Post #18,801 of 22,374
Too delicate a sound for me. I feel that way about WA33 and the fferings from Eddie Current last and present. On the other hand, thr EC Balancing Act sounded very very good. That was 300B however.
Long live 300B

Nov 30, 2021 at 11:15 AM Post #18,802 of 22,374
Hi everybody, it's been now two years that i bought the TC , and i m very happy with it , i compared him with several others , Kennerton, Utopia, Susvara, but it stayed , he survived ... But in my system, it's a bit edgy sometimes, makes that for a long listening session, it might be a bit , a touch fatiguing . And thanks to a friend, who loaned me his SC cable, ( super conductor ) , it transformed it to a really really good sound stage, to be honnest one of the best i ve heard . The SC cable is ...3000 euros or usd, and the price of the TC is about or around 5500 euros . I can't afford the cable , for the time being, would somebody advise or give a piece of advice for an aftermarket cable , coming from other people , who make cable, that might approach the level of the SC ? Thanks for kind help on this guys ...

Nov 30, 2021 at 11:24 AM Post #18,803 of 22,374
20211129_152129-01.jpeg

The Meze Elite sounds really good. But just don't listen to it side by side with the 1266 TC Phi..
Oh no, I planned to buy Elites to use when I'm not using TC. For example, for 6hours of work in front of my computer. Now I'm afraid that it can be quite a shock :)

Nov 30, 2021 at 11:27 AM Post #18,804 of 22,374
Hi everybody, it's been now two years that i bought the TC , and i m very happy with it , i compared him with several others , Kennerton, Utopia, Susvara, but it stayed , he survived ... But in my system, it's a bit edgy sometimes, makes that for a long listening session, it might be a bit , a touch fatiguing . And thanks to a friend, who loaned me his SC cable, ( super conductor ) , it transformed it to a really really good sound stage, to be honnest one of the best i ve heard . The SC cable is ...3000 euros or usd, and the price of the TC is about or around 5500 euros . I can't afford the cable , for the time being, would somebody advise or give a piece of advice for an aftermarket cable , coming from other people , who make cable, that might approach the level of the SC ? Thanks for kind help on this guys ...
Arctic Cables Palladium (old series) cable helped me in a similar situation, but I don't know if that works in your case as it was also quite expensive

Nov 30, 2021 at 11:35 AM Post #18,805 of 22,374
Dhc but a prion 4 6ft will be 2500 usd so premium cables are at that price point

Nov 30, 2021 at 11:52 AM Post #18,807 of 22,374
There is a guy here in Italy who makes cusom cables at fair prices, around 250 Euros. A month ago he sent me some cables to compare them with the SC. In the past I had tried other custom cables but the result was disappointing. Among these I found one very, very similar to the SC. The difference in my ear is really minimal.
If you are interested I will put you in touch.

Nov 30, 2021 at 1:21 PM Post #18,808 of 22,374
How's the ergonomics of the DHC Prion without a splitter? I just realized it has no splitter.
Evidently you can buy splitter, you can customize all you want or want to spend. My cable balanced so each channel is light and manageable.
0677C102-7137-470A-BAE4-876F11421A54.jpeg

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2021 at 1:23 PM Post #18,809 of 22,374
———

Users who are viewing this thread

Back