The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread
Jan 28, 2021 at 9:57 PM Post #13,681 of 22,374
I just want to say it is refreshing to see someone willing to say "hey I misunderstood, I'm sorry." And then the other person simply except and move on. We need more of this on forums and in the world in general. Well done gentlemen.

Jan 28, 2021 at 10:08 PM Post #13,684 of 22,374
@Ciggavelli I’m curious why you think it’s strange we only sell the stand in the US?
Because the stand comes from Europe. Why not sell it there too? It’s a really good stand, so I think people outside of the US would be interested in it too. I dunno, I was just curious myself.

Edit: I just saw your edit to the original post. It wasn’t there before. So, yeah. Disregard my comment

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2021 at 10:29 PM Post #13,685 of 22,374
Understood. The post was sort of a work in progress...
I think we all need a bit more patience.

Last edited:
ABYSS Headphones We engineer, machine, and build our headphones from scratch in New York, USA. Stay updated on ABYSS Headphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AbyssHeadphones https://twitter.com/AbyssHeadphones https://www.instagram.com/abyssheadphones/ https://abyss-headphones.com/ info@Abyss-Headphones.com
Jan 29, 2021 at 4:54 AM Post #13,686 of 22,374
I've had the Abyss AB1266 Stand by Headphone Auditions Amsterdam & ROOMS Design for a month now. Time for a quick review.

Pros:
  • Very well built with good weight
  • Looks nice

Cons:
  • It's not high enough, so the cables (SC in my case) are bent too much, always in the same direction. Not sure how this affects the cables in the long run.
  • The top is only accepting the AB-1266 in a fully straight position. Since my normal listening position is slightly v-shaped every time I put it on the stand I have to straighten the middle, which may harm the top screw of the AB-1266 in the long run.
  • Quite expensive (at least here in Europe)
So I'm still looking for a better stand.

EDIT: Turns out the small arms at the top can be turned, which resolves the straightening issue. Great! Now I only need to insert an additional element to increase the height of the stand and it will be perfect.

Last edited:
Jan 29, 2021 at 4:57 AM Post #13,687 of 22,374
Someone posted a pic a while back, showing that you can angle out the small "arms" where the frame rests to accommodate an angled position when placed on the stand.

Jan 29, 2021 at 5:19 AM Post #13,688 of 22,374
Someone posted a pic a while back, showing that you can angle out the small "arms" where the frame rests to accommodate an angled position when placed on the stand.

Turns out I don't have the necessary tool to loose the screw in those small arms. I would appreciate if someone could post the code name of that specific screwdriver so I can order it.

EDIT: I could easily turn the small arms. Now I need a proper screwdriver to tighten them.

Last edited:
Jan 29, 2021 at 6:08 AM Post #13,689 of 22,374
Jan 29, 2021 at 6:10 AM Post #13,690 of 22,374
I've had the Abyss AB1266 Stand by Headphone Auditions Amsterdam & ROOMS Design for a month now. Time for a quick review.

Pros:
  • Very well built with good weight
  • Looks nice

Cons:
  • It's not high enough, so the cables (SC in my case) are bent too much, always in the same direction. Not sure how this affects the cables in the long run.
  • The top is only accepting the AB-1266 in a fully straight position. Since my normal listening position is slightly v-shaped every time I put it on the stand I have to straighten the middle, which may harm the top screw of the AB-1266 in the long run.
  • Quite expensive (at least here in Europe)
So I'm still looking for a better stand.

EDIT: Turns out the small arms at the top can be turned, which resolves the straightening issue. Great! Now I only need to insert an additional element to increase the height of the stand and it will be perfect.
I don't have an issue with the height at all, loads of space. SC cable must be pretty solid/stiff.

Jan 29, 2021 at 6:34 AM Post #13,691 of 22,374
I don't have an issue with the height at all, loads of space. SC cable must be pretty solid/stiff.

For me it looks like it's bending too much:

Screen Shot 2021-01-29 at 12.32.24.png

Jan 29, 2021 at 6:35 AM Post #13,692 of 22,374
Jan 29, 2021 at 6:48 AM Post #13,693 of 22,374
Turn the headphones the other way around.
Yes, good suggestion. That will help and I think you'll be good. It does not look too bad to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back