The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread
Jun 20, 2020 at 8:53 AM Post #11,191 of 22,374
Firing another question out there :) when positioned on my grad, my headband Is literally touching the frame which means the ear ups are lower on my head than I would like. I am guessing from new the headband should allow some distance between the frame?

Jun 20, 2020 at 8:56 AM Post #11,192 of 22,374
hi, I do have the dac, but currently all sources are fed into the dac on my moon 340 integrated amp and this is connected to my 430 by RCA’s. However when plugged directly into the 430 I don’t notice any volume differences.

so you would think that 60 to 65 on the430 would be in the acceptable range?

I think you’ll hurt your ears before the headphones. What is the highest number on the volume dial out of curiousity?

Jun 20, 2020 at 9:17 AM Post #11,198 of 22,374
interesting, at 48 they seem quite quiet. I’m not the type of person to listen to music very loudly but I felt I needed to go to around 55 to really enjoy it fully. I am worried at what level would be “bad” for the phones?

55 is totally normal. Sometimes, depending on the recordings, I have to go over 60 in order to let the music shine. But don't worry too much about numbers, I'd suggest you just keep turning it up until you feel it's the best to listen to. After all, it's your feeling that matters.

Jun 20, 2020 at 9:18 AM Post #11,199 of 22,374
sorry, I just meant across my system as a whole, I use Ansuz. I have a digital from the cd into my 340 integrated amp. Then a set of Ansuz rca from the 340 integrated amp into my 430 headphone amp.

Gotcha. You can try as an experiment, if you can get your hands on a pair of XLR cables, and swapping out your RCA cables. You should get 6 dB more volume using XLR, and therefore the volume dial numerically will be at a lower level. In the end, the volume should sound the same to you just a different position on the dial.

Jun 20, 2020 at 9:23 AM Post #11,201 of 22,374
Gotcha. You can try as an experiment, if you can get your hands on a pair of XLR cables, and swapping out your RCA cables. You should get 6 dB more volume using XLR, and therefore the volume dial numerically will be at a lower level. In the end, the volume should sound the same to you just a different position on the dial.
Interesting. I didn’t even consider that

Jun 20, 2020 at 10:31 AM Post #11,202 of 22,374
Interesting. I didn’t even consider that

For 430HA, I strongly recommend you go for XLR instead of RCA. I still remember the shock I had when I swapped from RCA to XLR. It's like unleashing its full potential!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back