The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread
Jun 17, 2020 at 4:17 PM Post #11,117 of 22,406
Heard this a lot when researching, my thought is if I'm wearing headphones I'm not hanging out with anyone and I'm not standing in front of a mirror, so I don't care. :)
its more like a feeling over a look to me, when I tried them on, the staff at the booth put it on for me and made sure it was on correctly. I can still remember how it felt, I believe if you own the headphone that you'll have this feeling but eventually get use to it. I was only making a joke, nothing to worry about you're getting the best headphones on the open market.

Jun 17, 2020 at 4:28 PM Post #11,118 of 22,406
its more like a feeling over a look to me, when I tried them on, the staff at the booth put it on for me and made sure it was on correctly. I can still remember how it felt, I believe if you own the headphone that you'll have this feeling but eventually get use to it. I was only making a joke, nothing to worry about you're getting the best headphones on the open market.
I agree they do look far out.

Jun 17, 2020 at 4:44 PM Post #11,119 of 22,406
Has anybody had any experience driving the 1266TC's with the Mcintosh MHA100 or 150? Do you think it will have enough juice to drive these? I usually listen with the DAVE comfortably anywhere from -10db to -4db

The plan is to use the Mcintosh MHA with my easier to drive headphones since I have a dedicated headamp for the 1266, but was just curious if anybody had tried before with the 1266 and can give an impression

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2020 at 5:12 PM Post #11,122 of 22,406
Who’s gonna look at you when you wear them anyway? If it’s your wife, just tell her how much they cost, and she won’t be thinking about how it looks anymore.

LOL. I want to live, I’ll pass on that

Jun 17, 2020 at 5:30 PM Post #11,123 of 22,406
Who’s gonna look at you when you wear them anyway? If it’s your wife, just tell her how much they cost, and she won’t be thinking about how it looks anymore.
No kidding. I actually put the TC back to it’s cloth bag and put them in another bigger silk bag and then put it in a closet drawer after every listen. I’m actually worry about wearing of the mini XLR connectors because I have to connect and disconnect them every time I listen.

Jun 17, 2020 at 5:36 PM Post #11,124 of 22,406
No kidding. I actually put the TC back to it’s cloth bag and put them in another bigger silk bag and then put it in a closet drawer after every listen. I’m actually worry about wearing of the mini XLR connectors because I have to connect and disconnect them every time I listen.
To hide them from your wife?:beyersmile:

Jun 17, 2020 at 5:47 PM Post #11,127 of 22,406
no, she's going to be thinking of ways to buy something of higher value or how to make your life miserable for spending 5k on a headphone XD

Jun 17, 2020 at 9:11 PM Post #11,129 of 22,406
To hide them from your wife?:beyersmile:
My wife thinks they're ugly... Probably why she's never asked how much they cost.

On the other hand when she saw my TH900s... The first thing she asked was... How much did you pay for those? Those highly polished ruby red cups with silver foil sure do look expensive.

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2020 at 9:16 PM Post #11,130 of 22,406
You don't have to do that.

I posted a "mod" of the headband a while ago which may help you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back