The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread
May 21, 2020 at 12:57 AM Post #10,892 of 22,297
The Uh-O-rings?
Edit: The Oh-nO-Rings?

Last edited:
May 22, 2020 at 7:36 PM Post #10,897 of 22,297
I love how they're giving away those headphones. I mean that's cool I guess, but does it still come with warranty?? :thinking::)

May 22, 2020 at 8:18 PM Post #10,898 of 22,297
you can run over it and the drivers are intact but what if you just dropped it on the floor lol? I have had 3 versions of this wonderful HP and baby each one ...the video makes me laugh because I treat mine with such kid gloves always afraid of the slightest little bump or drop.....I have mine on my head listening to music as I write this!

Last edited:
May 23, 2020 at 4:02 AM Post #10,899 of 22,297
you can run over it and the drivers are intact but what if you just dropped it on the floor lol? I have had 3 versions of this wonderful HP and baby each one ...the video makes me laugh because I treat mine with such kid gloves always afraid of the slightest little bump or drop.....I have mine on my head listening to music as I write this!
As much as I love my pair, I think dropping them would shake the internals up a lot more than running over them with pretty much anything. I've heard early abyss owners dropping their abyss and disconnecting the internal wiring in the process.

May 23, 2020 at 4:16 AM Post #10,900 of 22,297
My 2 cents on the O ring. I have two sets of headband right now, one with a broken O ring on the left side. The new one has lasted me 2 years now, I wonder how much longer they will last. I guess the nasty thing about these O rings is that they aren't really user interchangeable. To seal the rubber inside the headband you must send them back. The current design is fine, but it would be better if there's a viable alternative.

May 23, 2020 at 10:10 AM Post #10,901 of 22,297
I have had my CC for about a year and half. My o-ring broke after about 6 months and the leather started to peel after about a year or so. The way the leather is glued is also quiet bad. If you don’t hold it properly while removing the ear pads you will most probably rip the ring and the leather apart. Be careful guys. Going to get replacement for my ear pads but the o-ring is way too rich for me at $150. No way I’m going to pay that for rubber.

May 23, 2020 at 10:24 PM Post #10,903 of 22,297
I am very pleased to announce that the Fiio M15 is capable to drive the ab-1266 TC, and that remarkably well with great clarity, soundstage and oomph! No more barriers to enjoy the abyss on the go (if one choses to do so). Really incredible for a DAP.

I would think that the Khan cube would be able to drive them as well if not better it puts out a lot of power. I am not sure that even the cube can drive them optimally. My sp1000 will get them to a reasonable level but the sound quality is not close to.that of a great desktop amp.

I hope to try the m15 sometime.

May 24, 2020 at 12:29 AM Post #10,904 of 22,297
I would suggest if one is going to own an abyss TC he or she should use a proper desktop amp....the abyss tc is not a portable HP....

May 24, 2020 at 1:07 AM Post #10,905 of 22,297
I would suggest if one is going to own an abyss TC he or she should use a proper desktop amp....the abyss tc is not a portable HP....

That is why I have the noble Khan too it will do u till the abyss iem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back