The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread
Nov 25, 2019 at 9:37 PM Post #9,256 of 22,406
TC ordered...much to be thankful for (can't wait to join this party...TC BLEW me away at RMAF 2018)

Congrats get ready to sell most of your other headphones.

Nov 25, 2019 at 9:45 PM Post #9,258 of 22,406
Congrats get ready to sell most of your other headphones.
And to start spending crazy money on other gear to make your headphones sound even better!

Nov 25, 2019 at 9:57 PM Post #9,259 of 22,406
Last edited:
Nov 25, 2019 at 10:15 PM Post #9,260 of 22,406
TC ordered...much to be thankful for (can't wait to join this party...TC BLEW me away at RMAF 2018)

Very excited for you. They’re everything a TOTL headphone should be.

Nov 26, 2019 at 6:47 AM Post #9,261 of 22,406
Guys, anyone running their Phi of a SPEC RSA-V1EX? I just audited the amp on my home setup driving my Phi CC. OMG, it was just WOW. My current amp is the Simaudio HAD430, but the SPEC is just so beautiful, it sounds more like a tube amp than a Class D. If anyone else using it please chime in. Thinking either the RSA-V1, RAS-M3 or Simaudio 600i. Used of course. Thank you all in advance. Happy listening.

Nov 26, 2019 at 7:08 AM Post #9,262 of 22,406
Guys, anyone running their Phi of a SPEC RSA-V1EX? I just audited the amp on my home setup driving my Phi CC. OMG, it was just WOW. My current amp is the Simaudio HAD430, but the SPEC is just so beautiful, it sounds more like a tube amp than a Class D. If anyone else using it please chime in. Thinking either the RSA-V1, RAS-M3 or Simaudio 600i. Used of course. Thank you all in advance. Happy listening.

I have read a lot about SPEC amplifier. They seem really really amazing. Have you listen your Abyss with Viva Egoista, Riviera AIC 10 or WA33 for instance ? If yes, how would you describe your experience vs the SPEC ?

Nov 26, 2019 at 7:13 AM Post #9,263 of 22,406
Love, love, love my 600i... If the deal is right, don't hesitate to buy one from overseas. Simaudio will do a voltage conversion, upgrade the firmware clean and go over the amp for a $150. They stand by their product... No matter how old it is.

Nov 26, 2019 at 7:48 AM Post #9,264 of 22,406
I have read a lot about SPEC amplifier. They seem really really amazing. Have you listen your Abyss with Viva Egoista, Riviera AIC 10 or WA33 for instance ? If yes, how would you describe your experience vs the SPEC ?
I have heard them on WA33, but that was a long time ago and that too at an audio shop. I can't really recall the sound signature now. Sorry.

Nov 26, 2019 at 7:51 AM Post #9,265 of 22,406
Love, love, love my 600i... If the deal is right, don't hesitate to buy one from overseas. Simaudio will do a voltage conversion, upgrade the firmware clean and go over the amp for a $150. They stand by their product... No matter how old it is.
I did find one listed in Hifi shark. It was from a seller in Italy, was quoted 1.2k pounds. I am very sceptical though. It seems too good to be true. It will be blind transaction.

Nov 26, 2019 at 9:08 AM Post #9,266 of 22,406
I did find one listed in Hifi shark. It was from a seller in Italy, was quoted 1.2k pounds. I am very sceptical though. It seems too good to be true. It will be blind transaction.

I think I had dealings with the same seller... Other than older photos, he couldn't send me any proof that he had the amp... He said it was at his summer home and refused to go there to take any date stamped photos without at least half the money up front.

Be careful...

I purchased mine from a member of this forum.

Last edited:
Nov 26, 2019 at 10:13 AM Post #9,268 of 22,406
I was also curious have a WA 33 sounds with these headphones.
I have a WA33 that I use to drive my TCs. The sound is absolutely phenomenal. The weight, sound stage, transparency, and I guess gooey-sound (not in a bad way at all or too pronounced), makes everything sound so pleasing to the ear. I upgraded my tubes as well, and they improve the sound quality even more. I just have the standard edition. Those with the Elite Edition claim the sound is even better. I've never heard them, but I'm curious. I don't know how they could make the sound even better, but apparently they have.

Nov 26, 2019 at 10:51 AM Post #9,269 of 22,406
I think I had dealings with the same seller... Other than older photos, he couldn't send me any proof that he had the amp... He said it was at his summer home and refused to go there to take any date stamped photos without at least half the money up front.

Be careful...

I purchased mine from a member of this forum.
Thank you so much for this info. I was very sceptical, Guess my gut feeling was right. He claimed to be a 74 year old Italian. Sent me his and his family photo together with photos of the amp. But I don’t think it was time stamped. A fellow forum met also warned me since the price was too good.

Nov 26, 2019 at 11:04 AM Post #9,270 of 22,406
Thank you so much for this info. I was very sceptical, Guess my gut feeling was right. He claimed to be a 74 year old Italian. Sent me his and his family photo together with photos of the amp. But I don’t think it was time stamped. A fellow forum met also warned me since the price was too good.
You're welcome... I asked him to to take a photo of the amp which had a piece of paper on it... On which my name was written... He refused to do so unless I gave him half the money... Bye-bye!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back