The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread
Nov 23, 2019 at 10:20 PM Post #9,241 of 22,374
Also not really helpful. The question was asked if the OG 1266 was worth it for $2k. Regarding dealers, they're a rare bunch. I love comments like the one you just made, but reality is for many working with a dealer isn't an option. Unless you're referring to online sales as a "dealer".
No, it not worth 2k. Clear? OK, that's only my opinion, I am sorry you were offended.

If Joe release a new version of 1266 in the near future, the TC will drop to $3500.

Last edited:
Nov 23, 2019 at 10:49 PM Post #9,243 of 22,374
Also not really helpful. The question was asked if the OG 1266 was worth it for $2k. Regarding dealers, they're a rare bunch. I love comments like the one you just made, but reality is for many working with a dealer isn't an option. Unless you're referring to online sales as a "dealer".

I am luck in that I live near an abyss dealer. I have not heard the original 1266 but can say that the TC is a step up from the PHI. I am sure that if you build a relationship with an online dealer you can find deals as well. It is always worth a shot. Besides if you are going to spend $5k on headphones it is worth finding a place to try them. Audio Vision is right there in SF give them a call.

Nov 23, 2019 at 10:59 PM Post #9,244 of 22,374
I am luck in that I live near an abyss dealer. I have not heard the original 1266 but can say that the TC is a step up from the PHI. I am sure that if you build a relationship with an online dealer you can find deals as well. It is always worth a shot. Besides if you are going to spend $5k on headphones it is worth finding a place to try them. Audio Vision is right there in SF give them a call.

Ive heard and owned every abyss 1266.

$2000 is a good price for the OG, but honestly I'd spend the little more to get up to a phi, I'm sure you can find a phi for 3k. It's worth it to try and find a phi at a good price. OG has a a couple issues imo that the phi fixed.

I would not be able to own an OG as my only headphone because of this. But a phi, especially with CC pads, yea, I could live with jsut that.

Nov 24, 2019 at 10:45 AM Post #9,246 of 22,374
ABYSS Headphones We engineer, machine, and build our headphones from scratch in New York, USA. Stay updated on ABYSS Headphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AbyssHeadphones https://twitter.com/AbyssHeadphones https://www.instagram.com/abyssheadphones/ https://abyss-headphones.com/ info@Abyss-Headphones.com
Nov 24, 2019 at 12:31 PM Post #9,249 of 22,374

Yes, it's fortunate in the Bay Area people have access to dealers like AVSF. My point was that in many cases, there is no physical dealer within a reasonable distance for people.

Nov 24, 2019 at 3:00 PM Post #9,250 of 22,374
I was thinking of getting the 1266 TC. My amp is a Violectric V281 running balanced. I wanted to check first if this amp will drive the 1266 to its potential. Thanks.
Yeah, I used it with my OG for years and AFAIK, the TC is that little bit easier to drive.

Hi! Will there be a Black Friday sale in Canada as well? With the authorized retailer, of course.
Thanks!
As he said, contact TEOS directly? Or the special is for 10% off. If your local dealer won't do 10% off for you on Black Friday... Well... Go elsewhere

Nov 24, 2019 at 3:18 PM Post #9,252 of 22,374
Yeah, I used it with my OG for years and AFAIK, the TC is that little bit easier to drive.

As he said, contact TEOS directly? Or the special is for 10% off. If your local dealer won't do 10% off for you on Black Friday... Well... Go elsewhere

I'll check with the dealer. The problem with ordering from the states is that it's usually extremely expensive to ship, you have to pay insane brokerage fees and then customs and tax calculated on top of all of those. So it usually kills the deal.

That said, I might have to wait a bit before I get the Diana's. My laptop is showing signs of death, and I might need to get a new one. There's a limit to how much money I can drop in one go lol.

Nov 25, 2019 at 8:56 PM Post #9,254 of 22,374

Users who are viewing this thread

Back