1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread

Discussion in 'High-end Audio Forum' started by scolaiw, Jun 5, 2013.
First

Back
594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603
605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614
Next

Last
  1. Litlgi74
    Well at least the next one is supposed to be out shortly... Since that one was also completed years ago.

2. tholt
    Wait wha..? Where did you hear this and do you have a link? First time I've heard this.

3. Litlgi74
    “My hope is we get in and knock out another record,” drummer Danny Carey admitted in an interview with Metal Hammer. “We have tons of material. It’s not going to take 12 years, or if it does, I’ll probably be so old I probably can’t pick up my sticks any more! But my hope is we’ll do another record and just keep moving forward.”

this is not the exact article I was speaking about... The one I saw, mentioned most of the work was already complete.

4. tholt
    I won't hold my breath... but if they do — please make it rock more.

5. gonzalo1004es
    Hi! If making single ended cable for the Abyss, what would be the cup pinout? Thanks in advance!

6. llamaluv
    Would anyone in the NYC area have any interest in dropping by (in Manhattan) to hear their Abyss Phi TC on my system? I have an M-Scaler/DAVE and a Pass Labs X150.8 and Benchmark AHB2 speaker amps. I really want to get ears on the TC on my own setup before plunking down the dough. I owned the Phi for a couple months last year, but that was on a totally different setup. You could also check my profile to see if there's anything else I have that you'd want to hear while we're at it. I'm a gracious host (promise!).

PM me if interested, thanks.

honeyjjack and joseph69 like this.
  7. cj3209
    That is a great little tune; sounds great on the 1266 phi. Makes me want to conquer the world! Lol...

8. NZtechfreak
    How did it go?

I officially started saving for the Abyss today after clearing a monumental load of bills, but I've not heard the Susvara yet (hoping for a chance to hear both on a trip to Melbourne since neither available here in NZ, unless there is a kiwi owner lurking here who wants to give a listen to their TC, so keen to hear your thoughts).

9. Ciggavelli
    I finally understand what "holographic" and "3D" sound stage means. It happened with this song

[​IMG]

It was so beautiful. It was like a visceral experience. It was so clear in mind. The beat was moving forward and backward and left to right. It was kinda a breakthrough in sound for me. Now, I am going to chase a 3D and holographic sound stage with future upgrades.

Now, what led to this experience? What caused everything to be 3D? I can't pinpoint it, other than it is likely partially due to the TCs

Last edited: Oct 20, 2019
  10. Roasty
    Received my Lazuli Reference today!
    Came in a brown carry case (the case for my utopia LR was black) with a strap. Asked for a 3.5m cable and non-CF splitter. Looking forward to testing it out tonight. Thanks Dana!

20191021_203536.jpg

20191021_203609.jpg

20191021_203643.jpg

GU1DO and Ciggavelli like this.
  11. attmci
    Now you can carry the nice cable with you. :)

12. Ciggavelli
    I’m curious to hear your initial impressions

13. nogi replicant
    Quick question for the Formula S owners. I recently picked up a Phi CC and I am considering a Formula S to throw in between it and the DAVE. Does the Formula S output the same power from the 1/4 inch as the other output types? Sorry but I am an amp noob. thanks

14. jlbrach
    yes it is not a balanced amp...and it is fantastic

nogi replicant likes this.
  15. Roasty
    I've only listened to them for about 40 minutes so far.. Did some very quick a/b testing with stock cable.

Some very early initial impressions:
    Prefer the stock cable.
    Stock has more bass slam, texture, thump. Can really feel the pressure when deep bass notes hit, and my chest can feel it too. This seems lacking with the Danacable; bass doesn't extend down as low and I can't feel the air hit my eardrums as much as the stock.
    There is also more space around notes and instruments, whereas with the Dana it seems more congested. Stock brings out each element individually, much better.
    Dana highs are a little grainy.

Having said that.. These are very similar findings to what I went through with the lazuli reference for the utopia. But now I'm absolutely loving the danacable and the utopia.

I'm going to let the abyss and danacable the run over the next several days and come back with my thoughts then.

As Vinh mentioned to me, "Do break it in for 100+ hours and it will sing for you."

Ciggavelli likes this.
First

Back
594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603
605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614
Next

Last