1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread

Discussion in 'High-end Audio Forum' started by scolaiw, Jun 5, 2013.
First

Back
587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596
598 599 600 601 602 603 604
Next

Last
  1. MacedonianHero Contributor
    Thanks man...I love these headphones!

2. jlbrach
    no question truly outstanding HP's....I have owned pretty much everything other than Stax and the TC are IMHO the best there is

3. Roasty
    I have to stop reading your website man. I end up always wanting more stuff after reading your reviews.

4. MacedonianHero Contributor
    I have owned both the SR-007 and SR-009 and when properly driven, I'd gladly take the Phi TC. :)

5. MacedonianHero Contributor
    Lol, that is a hazard of this hobby, that's for sure.

6. CreditingKarma
    I have had my new AB-1266 PHI TC for about a month. I have noticed that from time to time when listening to solo cello and acoustic guitar that the driver will make a crinkling or buzzing sound but only when certain frequencies are played. Is it just that the driver is so thing that this could happen?

7. matthewhypolite
    I'd organzie to send it back and have jps take a look at it.

I had the same issue on an older abyss headphone, they found the drive diaphragm to be a bit loose which caused the issue at certain frequencies.

They would probably have you check your system and run a few tests to make sure it's the headphone first. But ultimately they will get you sorted. Reach out to them.

8. MacedonianHero Contributor
    Is it in the same place on a recording? It could be a problem with the recording? I've had things like this pop up with various headphones, but I could reproduce them with more than one headphone, so the recording had "issues" at specific locations...with really revealing headphones, they can be like a microscope into anomalies in an album.

9. CreditingKarma
    It would happen with the same recordings but it is a noise coming from the driver. It happened today on a song that I have listened to many times Rylynn by Andy Mckee. It has not happened on that song with the abyss before. It sounded like the classic planar driver crinkle.

10. MacedonianHero Contributor
    I see. My comments were say at 2:42 of the same song, I would hear something scratching...and always at 2:42 of the same song. I then switched to a different pair of headphones and still heard it at 2:42...so the recording had an issue.

11. ra990
    Just switch the leads into the speakers. If the same side still makes the noise, it's the driver. If the sound switches channels, it's the source.

12. CreditingKarma
    Did that already it remained on the same side. For now it has gone away though.

13. simorag
    A Moon 600i (v1, 2nd hand) has arrived at my place … now I have two weeks to decide whether to keep it or not :)

First impression: a beautiful machine. More to come over the next weekend.

20190923_211409-01.jpeg

14. koven Contributor
    Nice one @simorag. Have you tried the SR1a yet, or considered?

15. honeyjjack
    Has anyone found a headphone case that fits these? Im guessing most just keep in on their stands but i need to carry them around (not in a leather bag, wooden box, or brief cases with foam)

First

Back
587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596
598 599 600 601 602 603 604
Next

Last