The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread
Aug 10, 2017 at 12:44 AM Post #5,674 of 22,405
Alright, I'm Loving my new Phi! Just unpacked yesterday. Unpacked my new WA Milo amp today. Just awesome pair!. I recently sampled Utopia with Naim amp, and while they were breathtaking for the best recordings, they just fell flat with a lot of what I really listen to. 8 hours into it so far and already, as impressive plus on the best recordings and, you say visceral? Helll yeah!. Megadeath sounded lifeless and lacking bass on the utopia, but here I FEEL the bass! So full of life and emersive. So good all around. I don't have to pick certain perfect masters to enjoy these. I can pull anything at random and it all sounds better than I've ever heard.

This is just with my Pono line out yet. Still deciding on a Dac for long time. So Loving these!

Aug 10, 2017 at 11:13 AM Post #5,675 of 22,405
Been a while since i posted but, I got my Phis last month.
So far its been the best headphone ive heard for my taste.
Being able to feel the music is just awesome.
Really, really pleased with it

Aug 10, 2017 at 12:12 PM Post #5,676 of 22,405
@Mystel are these as resolving as the Utopia? How do they compare to the HE-6 in bass punch and presence?

Aug 10, 2017 at 1:00 PM Post #5,677 of 22,405
IMG_5544.JPG IMG_5541.JPG

Auralic Aries - W4s Remedy ( drivven by LPS-1 Supercap ) - Hugo 2 - Ifi micro Black Lable with XBass+ - Ifi iTube 2 - Moon 600i Dual mono - Abyss Phi.

Optical cables used is: AQ Diamond.

Hooked up this little setup, and the sound is full / Visceral, resolution , airy + got Real nerv to the sound

That is worlds best headphones , the Utopia sounds like a great sounding old telephone in comparison.

Last edited:
Aug 10, 2017 at 7:15 PM Post #5,678 of 22,405
So I went to try out my Abyss again. I've been listening to my Utopia religiously.

The left driver is suddenly super quiet regardless of which headphone cable I plug in.

Pretty pissed off at the driver quality right now. Right side works fine, but now it would cost thousands to get the set replaced. Even if it's something simple, it worries me in terms of the future for these if it's that easy to have issues.
Sure I could "upgrade" to the Phi, but why would I want to upgrade something that breaks from being in a bag for the last 3-6 months? XD

It randomly starts working every 5-10 minutes for a few seconds, but that stopped about an hour ago.

My only thought is if there's a hair stuck somewhere, but if not then I am kind of just screwed.

Last edited:
Aug 10, 2017 at 7:44 PM Post #5,680 of 22,405
I guess you'll have to update your sale ad.

Thanks, you're a HUGE help. (except that doesn't actually help this at all, now does it?)

Last edited:
Aug 10, 2017 at 8:25 PM Post #5,682 of 22,405
You are welcome. Maybe with a better attitude, including responding out of courtesy to PM's, you would have sold them already.

You mean I didn't like your undervalued offer so decided not to waste either of our time?
Shoot.

I'm not a customer service rep, so no, I didn't send you a courtesy message. What do you think this is, the Kimpton Alexis?

These haven't sold because I am patient. Everyone is quick selling their Abyss for $2400 (with much less than mine comes with, or just in general a couple less items)
That, and I have replied to 90% of my PMs. Yours wasn't reasonable.

Anyways, back on topic. If you have further issues, please send me a PM and I would be glad to respond and ease your concerns. XD

Aug 10, 2017 at 8:54 PM Post #5,685 of 22,405
Your post just proved my point. Get over yourself dude. You started it with your "captain obvious" comment.

Carry on and good luck.

What part of PM me with any other issues did you miss? If you can't end an argument and live with the results, take it up with me in a private domain.
I literally gave you the option bud.

It's not covered with the warranty?

Sadly they're an older cross notch pair. So not the eldest of all Abyss, but maybe 2-3 years old I would say...

Send Joe a PM + email, hoping to hear back and get them fixed up. Just curious if it'll be something simple and cheap, or expensive to the point of replacing drivers, which would be awful and potentially not worth it for me.
At that point I would probably consider asking for them back to sell them cheaper to someone who wants to upgrade them to Phis.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back