The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread
Jan 2, 2022 at 3:47 AM Post #19,082 of 22,392
Not 2500 USD for sure.
My headphone is out of warranty.

is there a reason why u didn't leave the actual value u paid on the post? I have seen it on my email notification for this thread.

Jan 2, 2022 at 4:51 AM Post #19,084 of 22,392
Don't know if I can post here invoice values. Is a sensible thing.
So it is little under 1000 usd.

Thanks for the ballpark figure. I'm sure those who have email notifications to this thread would have also seen the actual value. Anyways I respect your decision for the discretion. I guess it is somewhat comforting to know the figure is not too astronomical, especially for both drivers swapped out and matched.

I'm one of the unfortunate few who had the sleepy driver issue (fixed), and also one of the unfortunate few who were not aware of the extended warranty. I can only hope I won't be needing further repairs anytime soon, or ever, if I'm lucky.

Jan 2, 2022 at 8:27 AM Post #19,091 of 22,392
Friends, has anyone on this thread compared the Denafrips Terminator Plus with the Chord Dave + Mscaler?
Comparing Dave + Mscaler with T+ I think you need to add Denafrips GAIA to the equation.

Jan 2, 2022 at 8:44 AM Post #19,092 of 22,392
Lots of inflation this year! Are the Diana TC not going up figure they use same material?

Jan 2, 2022 at 8:57 AM Post #19,093 of 22,392
You have too much money.
Better go for a HE-1 and that's the end.
But I have the feeling people don't want a end (hehe like me).
Lol.

Wasn’t the biggest fan of the HE1.

Probably prefer the Sus / TC on a good rig, to the HE1. 🙂

Solid all-rounder though.

Jan 2, 2022 at 1:36 PM Post #19,095 of 22,392
I was apparently wrong when I thought I had fixed the distorting driver issue in my 2019 Abyss TC. I though there was a hair on it, or some other debris, because when I lightly blew on it through the slots, the distortion stopped for a couple weeks. It just returned. On a solo bass track it was sort of like a "shh" every time the attack of a bass note was struck. It's not a sleepy driver as has been mentioned recently, but looks like my TCs have to go in nonetheless.

Does this sound more like the resonance issue described earlier in the thread?

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back