The JH16 Pro Impressions Thread
Aug 19, 2013 at 10:48 AM Post #271 of 687
Quote:
I have HPL audio cables and they're amazing (I've also tried Toxic, and MANY other cables). TOTL quality with genuine OCC wires. Toxic is good too but 10 weeks is two and a half months. I'm also aware it's much longer than 10 weeks. However, 3 weeks is 3 weeks. Save some money and treat yourself to a nice dinner.
I don't think I can ever wait over 2 months for a cable, I had a hard time waiting 4 weeks for the JH16...
Make sure you buy from hplaudio.com. 

How do you find the microphonics with the HPL cables? 

In your honest honest, irrespective of wait period, which is the better cable & which works better for the JH16s?

I have found that a lot of toxic users are rather biased? 
tongue.gif

Aug 19, 2013 at 11:44 AM Post #273 of 687
I have HPL audio cables and they're amazing (I've also tried Toxic, and MANY other cables). TOTL quality with genuine OCC wires. Toxic is good too but 10 weeks is two and a half months. I'm also aware it's much longer than 10 weeks. However, 3 weeks is 3 weeks. Save some money and treat yourself to a nice dinner.
I don't think I can ever wait over 2 months for a cable, I had a hard time waiting 4 weeks for the JH16...

Make sure you buy from hplaudio.com. 

How do you find the microphonics with the HPL cables? 

In your honest honest, irrespective of wait period, which is the better cable & which works better for the JH16s?

I have found that a lot of toxic users are rather biased? 
tongue.gif

You mean satisfied! :)

Aug 19, 2013 at 7:36 PM Post #276 of 687
Quote:

Did you need a refit ? 

Just placed my order today but I forgot to put the order confirmation in the box with my impressions :frowning2:(((.. 
Anyways, they have my address and my e-mail in the box. Hope they dont throw them away...

Nope, no refit needed. Perfect seal :)

Dont worry. Just send them an email and let them know whats happened.

Aug 21, 2013 at 10:58 AM Post #277 of 687
So, Ive had my JH16s for a whole week now and listened to it at every chance I got.

While they are the best iem i have ever owned, they just dont overwhelm me. I sit there trying so hard trying to pick up minute differences that will help me justify the price they cost me. I dont regret getting them, but in all honesty I am just left wanting more..what?..I'm not really sure 
confused.gif

I've read through this thread that it takes time to get used to the sound signature and I'm praying that that is true in my case too. Ive got a Fiio X3 playing FLAC so I know that my source is decent at the least. Maybe I should think about a new souce..Colorfly C4 maybe? Or ibasso dx100?

Aug 21, 2013 at 11:44 AM Post #278 of 687
So, Ive had my JH16s for a whole week now and listened to it at every chance I got.

While they are the best iem i have ever owned, they just dont overwhelm me. I sit there trying so hard trying to pick up minute differences that will help me justify the price they cost me. I dont regret getting them, but in all honesty I am just left wanting more..what?..I'm not really sure 
confused.gif

I've read through this thread that it takes time to get used to the sound signature and I'm praying that that is true in my case too. Ive got a Fiio X3 playing FLAC so I know that my source is decent at the least. Maybe I should think about a new souce..Colorfly C4 maybe? Or ibasso dx100?

Getting used to the signature I think is different to being left wanting. What do you think is missing? What aren't they giving you? What are you comparing them too?

Aug 21, 2013 at 12:04 PM Post #279 of 687
Quote:

confused.gif

You just belong to the minority who doesn't judge a product by its price tag. I salute you.

Aug 21, 2013 at 12:14 PM Post #280 of 687
Quote:

confused.gif

may be you are expecting too much from it. may be you hope they will gives you wings...  :p

or may be you are not used to them yet.
try them for few weeks then go back to what ever you used to use then you'll most likely to find your 900$ differences you are looking for.
also I see that you posted the pic on the 19th so you might not have them burned in yet.
crossover inside need some break-ins. to some extend if you are a believer cables do burns in too, but I'm personally not so just crossover that needs.

from my experience these thins are best when you use them with desktop amp or dac. comparing to those portables.
but thats may be just me being crazy

Aug 21, 2013 at 12:16 PM Post #281 of 687
Quote:
Getting used to the signature I think is different to being left wanting. What do you think is missing? What aren't they giving you? What are you comparing them too?

In all honesty I really really dont know what is missing..or even if something is? I say again, they are the best iems ive had (and i havent had that many). I'm comparing them to my soundmagic E30s and Shure SE215s. Yea, I know its far better than both but bare in mind that the E30s are $50 and the 215s are $100. Is the $1000 difference between them really that justifiable?

By the way..this is not in anyway hate towards the JH16s (I am after all a proud owner) 
wink_face.gif
 I just want to be able to get the best out of them. 

Aug 21, 2013 at 12:21 PM Post #282 of 687
Quote:

may be you are expecting too much from it. may be you hope they will gives you wings...  :p

or may be you are not used to them yet.
try them for few weeks then go back to what ever you used to use then you'll most likely to find your 900$ differences you are looking for.
also I see that you posted the pic on the 19th so you might not have them burned in yet.
crossover inside need some break-ins. to some extend if you are a believer cables do burns in too, but I'm personally not so just crossover that needs.

from my experience these thins are best when you use them with desktop amp or dac.
but thats may be just me being crazy

Expecting too much?? Hell yea...for $1150 (plus delivery, plus customs charges, plus ear impression charges) of course I am going to expect. These things for how much I paid for them should be able to wipe my ass everytime i go to the can!!!!! 
etysmile.gif

It could be burn in. I posted the pics 6 or 7 days after I got the set.

Im just wandering if I need to explore other DAPs to get that eargasm Ive been looking for!!??

Quote:

You just belong to the minority who doesn't judge a product by its price tag. I salute you.

hahaha...this is one of those cases when I just wish I could be like the rest of the crowd.

Aug 21, 2013 at 5:24 PM Post #283 of 687
Quote:

confused.gif

Okay, firstly are you eqing any bass at all on the x3?  I find that the x3 is pretty good, but it gets bad real quick with bass boost.  I just use the line out to my amp and it's pretty good (with bass of course).  I went back to my old clip for comparison and I can't even stand it anymore.  The clipping is more noticable than ever before.

Aug 21, 2013 at 6:12 PM Post #284 of 687
Quote:
Okay, firstly are you eqing any bass at all on the x3?  I find that the x3 is pretty good, but it gets bad real quick with bass boost.  I just use the line out to my amp and it's pretty good (with bass of course).  I went back to my old clip for comparison and I can't even stand it anymore.  The clipping is more noticable than ever before.

Nope, I havent EQd anything.

I went to my iphone 5 and though there was a difference, it wasnt overly obvious and took a fair bit of attention.

I'm getting The toxic cable silver poison, so im hoping that will help make a difference.

Aug 21, 2013 at 10:38 PM Post #285 of 687
I use my iPhone 5 more than anything with them, but when I go to the HP-P1/IPC 7G with lossless there is no comparison. It crushes the iPhone for sound quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back