The IVY Balanced I/V Kit (Beta)
Jul 7, 2008 at 9:13 PM Post #2 of 8
Did you build one already?
wink.gif

Do you need converter for digital or analog signal?

Jul 8, 2008 at 9:27 AM Post #5 of 8
I dont think it can, it's a different process after all and i dont see it in it's original function..

There are several balancing circuits available like these from Germany
TP's Ballsie and several schematics around the net

You could also use transformers i think Cinemag and Lundahl have something apropriate and rather affordable Sowter might aswell, it's not cheap though and probably not the most neutral way soundwise

Jul 8, 2008 at 1:34 PM Post #7 of 8
I don't think the IVY works in reverse. What you need is a phase-splitting stage, which can be done with transformers or with integrated circuits. Personally I'd go the trafo route with some small Lundalh units or something along those lines.

Jul 8, 2008 at 7:55 PM Post #8 of 8
hey nate
why do you prefer a transformer?
I thought the coloration/distortion due to hysteresis was bad enough that a discrete solution would surpase a transformer especialy considering the price of adequate transformers?
I have not look enough in the important effects (magnetic saturation/hysteresis) and have no experience but maybe you can give me and the OP a better insight!?
smily_headphones1.gif

Do you have an idea were one might find comparative reviews on Cinemag, Lundahl etc, or are the important factors available as empirical data?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back