THE INTRUDER by RSA. balanced dac/amp. . Update available for even better sound. Just pay shipping.
Jan 31, 2014 at 1:32 PM Post #451 of 687
If you really want to spend $700 on HD600 headphone I say sell it and get HD800.
Better to invest money on the headphone than a cable upgrade IMO.

My old LCD2.2 with ALO ref 8 cable didn't improve much, altho it had the balance termination. You may get 5% increase, I say not a good investment IMO.

Jan 31, 2014 at 1:55 PM Post #452 of 687
You can have the stock cable balanced and get improvement.

Jan 31, 2014 at 7:52 PM Post #453 of 687
Thanks, guys. Yeah, reterminating the stock cable might be the solution I'm looking for.

Feb 3, 2014 at 11:19 PM Post #454 of 687
Can anyone elaborate on what the update does to the sound? Also, do we have any HTC One owners in this thread? I would expect since my phone worked with the Versa it should work with the Intruder? Maybe NZTechfreak could enlighten me?

Kojaku

Feb 4, 2014 at 9:08 AM Post #455 of 687
Can anyone elaborate on what the update does to the sound? Also, do we have any HTC One owners in this thread? I would expect since my phone worked with the Versa it should work with the Intruder? Maybe NZTechfreak could enlighten me?

Kojaku

I emailed Ray and he told me the gain was increased from 11 to 21, and also some enhancement to the Amp section for SR71b. I am not sure about the Intruder.

Feb 4, 2014 at 4:31 PM Post #457 of 687

from ray samuels:

"It is more detailed & open sound on the top than it used to be before.
Ray Samuels"

So we just send ray the amp and he enhances the DAC section?

Feb 4, 2014 at 9:52 PM Post #458 of 687
Feb 4, 2014 at 10:00 PM Post #459 of 687

Kojaku

I have the HTC One on stock software and yes the intruder works, listening to it right now. Pretty mellow. I might email Ray and ask if I can send mine in for an upgrade :).

Feb 4, 2014 at 10:37 PM Post #460 of 687
I have the HTC One on stock software and yes the intruder works, listening to it right now. Pretty mellow. I might email Ray and ask if I can send mine in for an upgrade :).

What're you listening with? My portable cans tend to have the 6.5k treble presence most dynamics have, even though they're pretty neutral (by that I mean bass just a hair north of neutral).

Feb 5, 2014 at 1:33 AM Post #461 of 687
What're you listening with? My portable cans tend to have the 6.5k treble presence most dynamics have, even though they're pretty neutral (by that I mean bass just a hair north of neutral).

Well, usually I don't use the DAC section of the Intruder I use my ODAC for that through my phone. Which I have to say is pretty sweet. The cans I have are PSB M4U2. I think they are pretty Neutral maybe just a tad warm but those also are pretty sweet.

I am curious to see what the upgarded DAC section would sound like in the Intruder though. 

Feb 5, 2014 at 11:15 AM Post #462 of 687
  Well, usually I don't use the DAC section of the Intruder I use my ODAC for that through my phone. Which I have to say is pretty sweet. The cans I have are PSB M4U2. I think they are pretty Neutral maybe just a tad warm but those also are pretty sweet.

I am curious to see what the upgarded DAC section would sound like in the Intruder though. 

I'd say the PSB cans are just slightly north of neutral. Also, quick question, does the intruder work with any music app, or just USB audio recorder for your HTC One? I'm partial to PowerAmp's UI, which is why I ask.

Kojaku

Feb 5, 2014 at 5:05 PM Post #463 of 687
  Mine arrived yesterday, but I think the battery is faulty. I had it on charge for 6hours before switching the unit on, and it isn't accepting any charge (battery is flat, but the charge light on the charger is green) The unit will only work when the charger is connected. Have emailed Ray about it. Awaiting response.
A bit disappointing to have such an expensive unit arrive faulty. :-/

So I heard back from Ray just now.

"Your Intruder is working perfectly with out any problem. I charged it with the switch off on the amp. after 1.5 hours the light on the CHARGER changed the color from RED to GREEN which means it is charged. It played for 12 hours non stop using HD600 with out problem until it stopped.
You had not done what it is in the little booklet which is to charge the amp first before use then use it."

So according to Ray, it was charging/working fine. Anyone have any idea why I could not get any charge into it?
Not once did I see a RED light on the charger to indicate it was accepting charge.

Anyways, he's sending me a new unit, so hopefully this one will be ok.

Feb 5, 2014 at 5:57 PM Post #464 of 687
  I'd say the PSB cans are just slightly north of neutral. Also, quick question, does the intruder work with any music app, or just USB audio recorder for your HTC One? I'm partial to PowerAmp's UI, which is why I ask.

Kojaku

I actually use PowerAmp myself. So yeah it works with anything I have thrown at it. Even though for some reason the stock music player won't do FLAC. 
angry_face.gif

Yeah they are slightly warm. But I don't think you would call them warm cans. 

Feb 5, 2014 at 6:42 PM Post #465 of 687
I actually use PowerAmp myself. So yeah it works with anything I have thrown at it. Even though for some reason the stock music player won't do FLAC. :angry_face:

Yeah they are slightly warm. But I don't think you would call them warm cans. 

I certainly wouldnt call them warm. I do think usb audio player is a great tool but the UI looks like something put of windows media player 2 xD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back