1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

THE INTRUDER by RSA. balanced dac/amp. . Update available for even better sound. Just pay shipping.

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by jamato8, Oct 22, 2012.
First

Back
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
Next

Last
  1. jamato8 Contributor
    I leave mine plugged in and on most all the time.

2. DannyBai
    Quote:
    Do you leave it plugged in on the charger also.  I have mine plugged in all the time too but only plug in the charger when the battery dies.  I know it stops charging once full but I am always scared to leave it plugged in.  

3. jamato8 Contributor
    Quote:

I leave it with the charger on all the time. Why stress the battery with constant discharge. It will charge the battery and then shut off the charging.

4. DannyBai
    Quote:
    Ok good to know.  Thanks jamato8.

5. singleended58
    Just leave it runs through (charging and letting the amp on all the time). That is what I did to my ALO National amp around almost 200 hours.

6. DannyBai
    Quote:
    Will just having the amp/dac on all the time "burn" them in?

7. brianc0428
    Correct me if I am wrong but to burn in an amp like the the Intruder. It needs to have a signal going in through the balanced input and going out via the balanced output.

Brian

8. ianmedium
    Yeah, i would agree, burn in requires a signal going through it, music playing or pink noise at least.

9. jamato8 Contributor
    Yes some kind of noise. Once broken in, I still leave it on, even with no music.

10. milarepa
    My newfound love! 

IMG_4491.jpg

11. singleended58

Is your Continental V2 or V3? I heard the V3 is a different animal, isn't it?

12. AnakChan Moderator
    Quote:

Err...doesn't that say RSA Intruder altogether!? I don't believe it's even an ALO amp.

13. milarepa

I used to rock a Continental V2, now that updated picture here shows the Intruder as Sean pointed out.

14. singleended58
    Correct me if I am wrong. In the picture I see you also stack the CLAS which connects to your iPod via USB. If you are using RSA Intruder amp/dac why with CLAS? Is the Intruder DAC part was not good enough? Would it possible connect that way?

15. AnakChan Moderator
    Quote:

Sorry for jumping in there 'cos the Intruder is a USB DAC, not an iDevice DAC. iDevice DACs are "Apple approved" DACs that speak the iAP protocol. The CLAS, Fostex HP-P1, VentureCraft Go-DAP/V-Moda VAmp/Versa, etc. are some examples of iDevice DACs.

As such in the above case, the Intruder is used only as an amp.

USB DACs although primarily for PC/laptop/notebooks have the potential (but not always) work with Android Jelly Bean 4.1 or with Samsung Galaxy S3/Note2 via an OTG USB cable.

milarepa likes this.
First

Back
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
Next

Last